Transformers: One - New Animated Prequel coming September 20th, 2024 - New Toy Official Images!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My mom got us to one movie late as a child. Benji the Hunted. By the time me my siblings and I think a friend or two got there the movie was well started and the dog was already lost in the woods and we had no idea what was going on.

It was so deeply bothering to me as a kid that like 40 years later I still credit that with trying to be at the theater at least 45 minutes before a film starts. An hour if I can help it.

-ZacWilliam, Like why was the dog in the woods? Who was hunting him? Why?

Benji was attempting to escape prosecution for his many tax related crimes.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
September is prime extra curricular activities month. The weather is nice, you have football and baseball practice. Other sports gearing up for the school year. The scouts do a lot of camping during the month. It is not a good month for a ******* kids movie. They were a month too late on release.

The movie is good. The exec who decided on this window of release needs to be fired.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The movie is good. The exec who decided on this window of release needs to be fired.
Hasbro exec: "So what you're saying is... that we should have premiered the G1 cartoon in some other month 40 years ago! Of course! We need to go back in time and change the cartoon's premiere month so that its 40th anniversary can be in a better month for Transformers One to release in 40 years later! We'll get right on that."

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I have been saying it was a mistake to use the cartoon's premiere date of September 17 as the date for Transformers Day. Should've been May 8 instead, the actual 40th anniversary of the brand.

EDIT: Just found out that May 8 was also the day Paramount Pictures was first founded back in 1912, meaning it was Paramount's own 112th anniversary back on that date this year.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I mean we have decades and decades of precedent identifying ideal release windows for these things. It doesn't make sense to buck that trend, especially now when what studios want is as sure a thing as they can get, for one sentimentally relevant date or another that won't move the needle where it counts.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hell. Someone else at Hasbro should have said no. But definitely the studio, who should know about this sort of thing, should have been as far as it got.

Ffs it's just not getting through. There's a million other things they could release or announce or whatever on any of those anniversary dates if they're so bloody special. Gambling the return on millions of dollars is not something you do for the sake of that.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly having it come out in 2024 at all is kind of impressive since it was announced (with a cast and release date) only toward the end of April last year.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Honestly having it come out in 2024 at all is kind of impressive since it was announced (with a cast and release date) only toward the end of April last year.
My impression is that the movie was mostly completed by then and that Paramount was trying to keep as much info about it a secret from the public until then.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
My mum would also get us to the cinema to watch the film as early as possible. It takes AGES to get kids ready (they're slow, they forget things, are prone to minor accidents, fight each other, get upset easily, etc). When we take our G1 pupils out on school trips, we have to plan for all of that, so it really affects what we can do and where we can go.

Top Bottom