Transformers Retro series (Walmart TFTM Reissues)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I really do miss those days. By far my favourites were the ones that started off with an official mold, but went absolutely wild with remolding and color schemes.
Big Lots KOs are how I got started. Maybe that's why I gravitate to "bad" TFs today.
To this day, this was the coolest one, IMHO:

ct8vj8N.jpg

7TRPPVZ.jpg

ncs8Ia4.jpg

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I had a Sixwing bootleg I got in Canada in the mid-2000s when I was a kid.

Didn't come with any of the combiner kibble so I guess calling it 'Sixwing' is wrong since I couldn't actually combine them to make Sixwing but it was still pretty neat. Plastic quality was basically the same as you'd expect from an official figure and they had completely identical decos the original 90s Operation Combination releases of the figures (as opposed to the redecoes in the contemporary Takara reissue at the time).

Also somehow I didn't realize they were Transformers KOs until years later despite the fact that one of them literally had CYBERTRON on a sticker on the side. I just thought they were generic changey robot toys lol.

Wish I could find a photo of the packaging for that KO but all the photos I can find are those Sixwing KOs that come with the kibble to make the combiner but mine didn't have those, it was just the Micromasters.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pretty good dino mode though. I see the work of a designer who probably dreams of doing better things but he'll probably never get the chance, and we'll never know his name. But I appreciate his work. Guys like him made my childhood more fun.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
:adds “Bombshell’s gray chest” underneath “Ultra Magnus’ red bumper” on the list of things I think are mistakes until I go back and check the actual animation model sheets:
One thing that's different about Bombshell's gray chest from Magnus's red bumper is that the chest was only gray in robot mode. In bug mode it was toy-accurate purple, meaning that particular part of Bombshell's body changed color during transformation.

In other words, to be truly show-accurate, they really needed to use the old G2 Color Changers gimmick on that particular piece of Bombshell. :p

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of Transformers Retro G1 Bombshell & Ramhorn Official  Details (20)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Transformers Retro G1 Bombshell & Ramhorn Official  Details (21)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Transformers Retro G1 Bombshell & Ramhorn Official  Details (17)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Transformers Retro G1 Bombshell & Ramhorn Official  Details (13)__scaled_600.jpg

Release Date: September 2024
Retail Price: $69.98 AUD / $46.65 USD

Re-experience the nostalgia of your favorite Transformers G1 action figures with this 2 pack that includes the 5-inch (12.7 cm) figure Retro Bombshell toy and the 2-inch (5 cm) Retro Ramhorn toy! Decepticon Bombshell can turn foes into helpless accomplices by injecting cerebro-shells into their heads with his stinger to control their minds. Autobot Ramhorn is extremely territorial, has a nasty hair-trigger temper, and will smash you, so don’t touch him if you value your life.

Transformers Retro G1 action figures are designed like the original releases. Figures feature vintage styling, accessories, and exclusive package art and tech specs inspired by the 1986 movie. Clip out and save the on-box tech specs to share, then see how these 2 figures stack up against other heroic Autobots and evil Decepticons (each sold separately).

TRANSFORMERS and HASBRO and all related trademarks and logos are trademarks of Hasbro, Inc.

Includes 2 figures, 9 accessories, and instructions.

Figure scale: 1 figure at 5 inches, 1 figure at 2 inches

Ages 8 and up
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
I read it's meant to be accurate to the cartoon model's robot mode (but as the colours changed when he transformed to the insect mode, it's not fully accurate).

And on that BOMBSHELL.png

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish we'd get that magenta Hot Rod in G1 style window packaging, but i suppose that's not likely given Hot Rod in G1 packaging's already been done.

...I guess I could just swap the ones I already have...

Top Bottom