We live in a capitalist dystopia

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Didn't I read somewhere that Starbucks contributed to the foundation pushing Project 2025?
You know, if you needed another reason to not drink Starbucks.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Starbucks has exactly two things going for it. They invested very heavily in having all the most convenient locations and I mean all the most convenient locations, and the quality of the coffee is fine. I haven't tried any of their 'coffee themed milkshake' options but the coffee is fine.

If you're on the road and your breakfast coffee has worn off, just go with Dunkin. I'm sure they're just as bad at the corporate level but at least they don't pretend to be something they're not. They're not your friends. They're not saving the planet. The food is not healthy. They're a drive-through fast food joint that sells nothing but junk food and surprisingly high quality coffee.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Starbucks has exactly two things going for it. They invested very heavily in having all the most convenient locations and I mean all the most convenient locations, and the quality of the coffee is fine. I haven't tried any of their 'coffee themed milkshake' options but the coffee is fine.

If you're on the road and your breakfast coffee has worn off, just go with Dunkin. I'm sure they're just as bad at the corporate level but at least they don't pretend to be something they're not. They're not your friends. They're not saving the planet. The food is not healthy. They're a drive-through fast food joint that sells nothing but junk food and surprisingly high quality coffee.
And now you know. And knowing is half the battle!

Anonymous X

Citizen
I remember trying Starbucks when in the US back in 2000. I’d heard of it from American films. We didn’t have that chain or anything like that back then (at least not in Not-London). There was the novelty appeal. I wasn’t prepared for how highly caffeinated the coffee was. Made me twitchy and unable to sleep, exacerbating the jet lag from the flight over. Never again. Wouldn’t try it for ethical reasons now, where Starbuckses branches are on most British high streets.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Starbucks seems to be receding in canada, at least local to me: a bunch of their franchises closed during the pandemic and since... no consolation to anyone, but still.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I'd happy with taco bell. Tims keeps using enriched breads in their shit and I am allergic.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
See, X here didn't reconcile the fact that america is the land of unrivaled productivity and that caffeine is a legal across the board stimulant. Starbucks would be doping their shit with Adderall if it didn't require a prescription.

NovaSaber

Citizen

A new drug described as “the closest we have ever been to an HIV vaccine” could cost $40 (£31) a year for every patient, a thousand times less than its current price, new research suggests.

Lenacapavir , sold as Sunlenca by US pharmaceutical giant Gilead, currently costs $42,250 for the first year. The company is being urged to make it available at a thousand times less than that price worldwide.

In a study presented at the 25th international Aids conference in Munich on Tuesday, experts calculated that the minimum price for mass production of a generic version, based on the costs of lenacapavir’s ingredients and manufacturing, and allowing for 30% profit, was $40 a year , assuming 10 million people used it annually.

They're charging a thousand times what they need to and won't allow a generic.

Top Bottom