What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
One: it's frankly the least stupid thing they've ever said.
Two: IT ALREADY EXISTS, they're just setting themselves up to take CREDIT FOR IT.

Calm ******* down paladin, the republicans are clowns and freaking out at everything they do is rewarding them.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Paladin, I've put up with a lot of nonsense from you, but I think I'm going to have to demand an explanation as to why "stopping foreign countries from being able to literally nuke us" is considered a bad thing in your mind.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Yea, we've had anti-missile defense systems for DECADES at this point. We also have friggin NORAD in collaboration with Canada which has been around even longer. On top of that most of our directed energy weapon research has FOCUSED on taking out high speed aerial targets. Heck, at this point I'm not even sure of a Russian, Chinese or North Korean missile would even be able to make it over the US coastline.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I mean, if Trump said it, he's so stupid that he might actually mean a literal giant iron dome over the country. Which is just.....so hilariously idiotic, on so many levels, that it goes straight past funny.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
All Biden would have to do is give a false confession and say he acted in an official capacity as President. ;)

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
I mean, if Trump said it, he's so stupid that he might actually mean a literal giant iron dome over the country. Which is just.....so hilariously idiotic, on so many levels, that it goes straight past funny.
I would bet dollars to donuts that he thinks Israel's Iron Dome is literally an iron shield that is held aloft in the sky by magnets or something and gets steered into the path of the missiles to block them.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
All Biden would have to do is give a false confession and say he acted in an official capacity as President. ;)
Like I said in the other thread, I find it hard to believe that if Biden wanted Trump dead, it would be this public or that the shooter would have missed at all. Even at 400 yards, a center mass shot with a rifle would have hit his upper torso where all the important organs are.
That is a VERY low survival chance.

Frankly, him being poisoned and made to look like a heart attack or similar medical malady would have been much more effective at deflecting attention.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It won't. Republicans live on performance, so they're sucking up to the base and setting up the next outrage scheme ("Biden's CROOKED justice department didn't dismiss all charges immediately over an unrelated incident! Clearly he's behind it all! RAAAAAAGE!").

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
No worse than the one claiming that Biden ordered the shooting himself.
Just desperate attempts to grasp any sort of win from the situation.

Trump and his ilk have pushed the bounds so much and incited so much. Now its his turn to face some very severe consequences of that kind of rhetoric. I don't want him shot by any means, but I have no sympathy for him. He is the one who rose the temperature. Now that its good and boiling he also has to sit in it.

Axaday

Citizen
Like I said in the other thread, I find it hard to believe that if Biden wanted Trump dead, it would be this public or that the shooter would have missed at all. Even at 400 yards, a center mass shot with a rifle would have hit his upper torso where all the important organs are.
That is a VERY low survival chance.

Frankly, him being poisoned and made to look like a heart attack or similar medical malady would have been much more effective at deflecting attention.

I'm not sure Biden is as talented as you think. But the reason Biden didn't do that is because he just isn't the very rare sort of person who would.

Being shot at should not result in a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

I mean, ANOTHER Get Out Of Jail Free card...

It's just really weird.

We keep talking about Trump winning and getting all of his cases dismissed, but I'm not really clear on whether after the case is in the judicial system, the executive branch can call it off.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It is a thing that a president could do: but it's also very very not accepted as it compromises the DOJ's independence to act and pursue.

Also: biden doesn't need to be talented to get trump killed properly; there's an entire alphabet organization whose sole purpose is to make that happen.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Don't confuse inaction for apathy. They take the same oath to the constitution that every other agent and soldier in the US does. As an organization: popping off and killing a US politician is not how you set next years budget.

And if anyone knows how to play this game: it's the CIA, the NSA, or half a dozen other three letter organizations from a spilled can of alphaghetti. They're not SUPPOSED to have an opinion, let alone a public one.

Axaday

Citizen
I have a lot of Facebook friends posting pictures of Trump fist pumping with blood on his face and saying they are praying for him and I am confused. It is true that getting nicked on the ear is just inches away from unsaveable headshot. And that would definitely be scary. But he's physically fine.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood.

Top Bottom