What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It doesn't have any kind of mount, so I'd have to kludge something. Putting a scope on a cheap shotgun sounds hilarious though. I'll look into it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Staples are the weird neighbor down the street that you're pretty sure has several bodies in his basement but you're too afraid to ask.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Every time I see Trump with that wound dressing stuck to the side of his head, I think of Starscream as drawn by Jose Delbo…
IMG_6034.jpeg

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
So apparently despite all the media attention: the RNC convention had the worst ratings (for this event.) in history.

So... even though everyone was carrying it: almost no one watched it.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I wonder if they're taking internet traffic into account. YouTube was particularly aggressive in trying to get me to watch the news clips it had on hand.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I wonder if they're taking internet traffic into account. YouTube was particularly aggressive in trying to get me to watch the news clips it had on hand.
I had Lincoln Project recaps suggested to me by the Tube of You, though that may not be the publicity the convention was hoping for....

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I've gotten scenes through the various youb-toub sources I watch: but internet traffic is very hard to accurately measure. In some instances: you need to watch a fair percentage of the video to count, in some you need to have watched the ads regardless of how much of the video you saw. In tik-tok just flipping past in your feed counts as a view. There is no standard, so they don't often use internet views as a metric.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
I wanted to hear what he had to say for myself this time around instead of just relying on transcripts and highlights.

One of his first comments is bragging about his lousy grades? That's actually a little offensive. Yay, let's sucker-punch schools, teachers, and let's make it look like you can **** around and still be crowned king later on. (oh wait, that may have happened already)

I let it play for a few minutes, it didn't get any better, and damn it, do guys like him ever say anything that's actually true?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Openly calling for civil war if they loose now. Even worse than the succession talk they've been pulling out over the past couple of decades.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
One of these freaks are stating that they're already in a civil war, and it will be bloodless... if the left allows it to be so.

So, one: threats of violence. two; straight up victim blaming.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
I'm going to make a prediction right now that when the Trumpers figure out what insulting nickname to use for Kamala Harris, it will have something to do with accusing her of being a diversity hire.

This is how white-supremacism has adapted to the modern age. They don't come right at you with racial slurs: instead of calling you inferior, they IMPLY that you're inferior by suggesting that you never would have gotten a job if not for the imaginary anti-white anti-male discrimination that they're always complaining about.

And if the spectre of a bunch of rich white men accusing women and minorities of privilege is incredibly ironic, that's OK, because Trump supporters don't understand irony.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Openly calling for civil war if they loose now. Even worse than the succession talk they've been pulling out over the past couple of decades.
Remember two decades ago, when we (on both sides of the Atlantic) were warned about certain ethnic groups all being potential terrorists scheming to overthrow western civilisation? Imagine if any members of those ethnicities had openly called for violent revolution while holding an elected office. They would’ve been in orange jumpsuits by the end of the afternoon.

Top Bottom