What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Not even sure they would have made it to the orange jumpsuit stage. Would likely have ended up lying face first in a pool of their own blood instead of being arrested, tbh.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
One advantage of pitting a black candidate against the 2024 Republicans is that they've forgotten how to not be full-on pointy-white-hood all the time. And that might go over with their dwindling base, but it's going to put everyone else right off.

Wasn't there a whole thing a few years ago about Democrats slowly losing the black vote? Maybe this will fix that.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
No, being democrat will have nothing to do with driving out the black vote for democrats. Trump bringing back the bad old days of segregation and the klan will drive the black vote for democrats.

I mean: poh-tae-toes, poh-tah-toes. So long as they ain't voting for trump, cause we ain't going back.

Ungnome

Citizen
Impeachment will likely go nowhere. They didn't have enough evidence to do it to Biden, as much as they tried and the Democrats still control the Senate.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
One of these freaks are stating that they're already in a civil war, and it will be bloodless... if the left allows it to be so.

So, one: threats of violence. two; straight up victim blaming.
Said freak in question is the president of the Heritage Foundation, the primary author of Project 2025. An absolute monster if you take him at his word.

I've already heard people talk about Harris as the DEI Vice President. That name is apparently gaining traction because if the GOP fears anything, it's DEI.

Real talk though, of all the political candidates to get a savior complex over, the right chose Donald Trump? Literally the most ungodly asshat they could pull. I will never understand that, ever. I mean, I know the right has posthumously canonized Reagan, but I'm very certain Ronny would have drop kicked Donald if he had the chance.

Axaday

Citizen
I have a li'l distaste for bringing out old interviews as news in politics, but in this case Vance's statement was just 3 years ago. Not all that old. And if he doesn't want to stand by it, he'd be totally welcome to say he's learned something since then.

The part I see getting talked about and replied to is that he said Kamala Harris, AOC, and Pete Buttegieg are childless. I'll get to that in a minute. The part that I am not seeing discuss, though I am admittedly only seeing clips, is that he also called them all "cat ladies" and don't tell me that it is a slip including Pete in that, because he's talking about the Democratic leadership. Pete is the transportation secretary, a job where he hasn't distinguished himself any more than anyone else ever has in that job. He's not a mover and shaker in the Democratic Party. He got in the discussion because he fit (at the time) the narrow definition that Vance was trying to point out as if it were the main trend in the Democratic Party and he didn't forget him when he called them ladies.

The point would be kind of a head scratcher if he was just saying that childlessness was a character flaw, but his thrust is that childless people don't even have a stake in what the government does. And I wonder if that is how Vance really feels. That everything he does in Congress, and he hopes in the White House, is for 3 people that live in his house. The House of Representatives is supposed to represent 390 million people. Does it really just represent 1000 or so?

Edit - I forgot to point out: Kamala married a man 10 years ago who was divorced with kids. I really feel like they practically have Vance in a trap. When he made the statement, Pete wasn't an adoptive father yet, but Kamala was already a step-mother, and the resurfaced video is going to play like it is new. If I were Vance I would really be trying to figure out how to get out there that I don't think adoption and step-parenting don't count as parenting. In any case, Kamala's husband's ex-wife came out to defend her and said she's been a great co-parent. Peeps....when you say something about a woman and her husband's ex-wife comes in to defend her, you know you really stepped in it.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, traitor greene has already made it clear that republicans do not consider adoptive or fostering children to be "real" parenting.

Axaday

Citizen
Yeah, traitor greene has already made it clear that republicans do not consider adoptive or fostering children to be "real" parenting.
I don't know about in Georgia, but in Oklahoma there is a big evangelical movement about adopting and fostering. Their votes don't matter in Oklahoma, but if it is a reflection other places, the GOP doesn't want to be pushing away this bloc.

Ungnome

Citizen
Wow, just chew up the constitution and spit it out why don't you, JD Mandel.

Top Bottom