What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
They doubled down on the "deplorables" thing, why are you surprised they're doubling down on "weird"?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I appreciate the commentator. "Turns out rock bottom has a basement"
Sweet Jesus. Just . . . . **** all man.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Look, we had to know this was coming. While Sidney Powell and the other media whores distracted everyone with their trials and the fallout, the real powers were working quietly.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
So the question we should probably all be asking is, what will Harris do if she's the clear winner in enough swing states to take the election but enough of them throw it to Trump instead? And when I say "do", I mean in January when it's her job to preside over the Senate session that will certify the results of the election. When she's in the position Mike Pence was four years ago except this time around she's also the candidate the states are trying to say lost, and also this time around they're objectively wrong.

Because I'll tell you this much, conceding gracefully in an attempt to deescalate the situation will do her absolutely jack shit when Trump's first act of office is to declare himself dictator for life and his second is to have her, Biden, and everyone else on his enemies list marched off to prison.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
So the question we should probably all be asking is, what will Harris do if she's the clear winner in enough swing states to take the election but enough of them throw it to Trump instead? And when I say "do", I mean in January when it's her job to preside over the Senate session that will certify the results of the election. When she's in the position Mike Pence was four years ago except this time around she's also the candidate the states are trying to say lost, and also this time around they're objectively wrong.

Because I'll tell you this much, conceding gracefully in an attempt to deescalate the situation will do her absolutely jack shit when Trump's first act of office is to declare himself dictator for life and his second is to have her, Biden, and everyone else on his enemies list marched off to prison.
Conceding to trump to de-escalate isn't an option. Her campaign has spent a LOT of time driving home that another trump term is going to end american democracy as we know it. They aren't wrong.

But I don't think we're going to see the level of fuckery that we saw during the 2020 election. Sure, there's going to be SOME, but trump is losing popularity quickly, and lesser positions will fall into line pretty ******* quick when the ENTIRE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT turns their eye to one little corner of the middle of ******* nowhere; and individuals who expected a flawless execution are suddenly household names.

Besides all that: it's already well known that trump and his cult are trying to steal the election again. I don't remember what they said about it (frankly, it's all starting to blend together.) but the midas touch network did a piece on it a while ago, and there is a lot of legal stuff going on that just isn't in the news cycle.

It's going to be better this time. Not perfect, not by a long shot, but much better.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen

I mean, according to the Supreme Court, Biden is still allowed to do whatever he wants as long as it’s an “official act”. I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing Republicans face the fall out of their own stupidity by having a Democratic President throw some weight around to ensure that sort of election bullshit doesn’t fly.

Top Bottom