Gobots and Machine Robo News & Discussion

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Agreed, I bought the SharkVendingMachine just to try them out. It's a fun little weird thing that I enjoy, but I don't feel a burning need to run out and buy more of them. Maybe if they were about half of the current price, but as is, they're just a bit too expensive to buy on a lark.

That said, the new 3-part Steamshovel/Treasure Chest/Dog in a Sweater is pretty amazing looking:
View attachment 11931
That's nightmare fuel right there. It's like a robotic equivalent of that dog scene in "The Thing"...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Gotta say, that steamshovel-as-wings transformation is brilliant and now I want to see Transformer use it.
The closest we've gotten to that is High Tide's Megabot Mode using his cranes as Omega Supreme-esque "wings".

Rescuebots_hightide_megabot.jpg

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I wish we lived in a Universe where Titan Rescue Bots High Tide had any odds of happening.

-ZacWilliam, like if Rescue Bots got Titan sized toys we could get him and Citadel Secundus

Greebtron

Citizen

Greebtron

Citizen
Now I want to know how it compares to Vector Prime's... and how much overlap there might be. XD
The front page doesn't give away much, just that Cop-Tur will be replaced (presumably as a mark of respect to the late Bob Holt) and the other main cast would still be around, but downplayed in favour of new characters.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If this is a recent discovery, I wouldn't be surprised if Jim didn't have any knowledge about it at the time he started writing the virtual season 2 eight years ago.

Greebtron

Citizen
Trouble is, worthpoint stopped putting dates on item entries a while ago, so who knows how long ago it was sold.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If this is a recent discovery, I wouldn't be surprised if Jim didn't have any knowledge about it at the time he started writing the virtual season 2 eight years ago.
Oh, I don't mean to imply he took from it... but you know that saying about "no unique ideas" and "everything has been done before"?

Basically, I just expect different sets of writers playing in the same toy box are likely to come up with some similar ideas, and I'm just curious if there are any here.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Oh, I don't mean to imply he took from it... but you know that saying about "no unique ideas" and "everything has been done before"?

Basically, I just expect different sets of writers playing in the same toy box are likely to come up with some similar ideas, and I'm just curious if there are any here.
That's fair. Although, Jim admitted that a lot of the ideas he came up with for his virtual Season 2 were deliberate riffs on common plots/tropes of 80s Saturday morning cartoons/Hanna Barbera cartoons, so he was definitely being genre-savvy when he wrote those particular ones. ;)

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's fair. Although, Jim admitted that a lot of the ideas he came up with for his virtual Season 2 were deliberate riffs on common plots/tropes of 80s Saturday morning cartoons/Hanna Barbera cartoons, so he was definitely being genre-savvy when he wrote those particular ones. ;)
I didn't want to say it before going back over them to be sure, but... yeah, that too. I remembered they seemed very trope-y, but I can't recall any off the top of my head. ^^;;

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I didn't want to say it before going back over them to be sure, but... yeah, that too. I remembered they seemed very trope-y, but I can't recall any off the top of my head. ^^;;
The basketball episode with the guest-starring Harlem Globetrotters, for one.

Greebtron

Citizen
Ha! Right!

Though I'm not sure if that was so much an '80s cartoon trope as it was a Hanna-Barbera trope.

Oh, wait...
In fairness, though they spent much of the 1980s rehashing old ideas, H-B knew that the animated versions of the Globetrotters had pretty much had their day by the end of the 70s.

And this is the company whose other big syndication effort the same year as Gobots was to do 41 more episodes of The Jetsons, a show that had been on repeats since 1963.

Top Bottom