Gobots and Machine Robo News & Discussion

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Call me obstinate, but I'm not a big fan of using movie aesthetic toys for Gobot redecos?

That said, if those molds were on the table, I would probably use them for either Night Fright, Warpath, or Wrong Way:

Probably use Tomahawk for Night Fright, and the other one for either Warpath or Wrong Way.
Tomahawk isn't really a baysthetic though, IMO. It looks like a CHUG to me.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That Sunstreaker - Turbo actually works pretty well, other than needing a new head.

Here's a few old ones I've posted before in a different thread:

Fitor - Repaint of Thrust
fitor-jpg.12581

Tank - Remold of Wreckers Impactor
tank-jpg.12583

Zod - Repaint of Grimlock
zod-jpg.12584

And finally, Thruster repainted from the Ark.
ark-to-thrustor-2-jpg.6599

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Tomahawk isn't really a baysthetic though, IMO. It looks like a CHUG to me.
From the waist up, I would agree. The leg designs seem more movie-style to me, though. The digitigrade-looking legs on vehicle transformers (Beast Wars is another story) is something I don't remember seeing before the movie lines. But, again, just my opinion and personal taste.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've always kind of liked it when Transformers (and Gobots) has the occasional not-strictly-humanoid robot mode. I wouldn't want them ALL to be that way, but a few here and there helps remind me that these are alien robots. It's a bit more odd for Gobots, since they're human-ish brains in robot suits, but I could see how some of them lose touch with their "humanity" over time and start modifying themselves towards less human layouts.

Top Bottom