Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Ironbite4

Citizen
LuPat ain't getting an adaptation in the West. You'd get a ToqGer adaptation before LuPat shows up and even then....

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
On a different note, with the revelation that Billy is part of the main cast of Cosmic Fury, this leave me wondering if Cosmic Fury might indeed result in bringing Zordon back to life, as Billy was trying to do exact that in Once & Always, and said he would keep trying at the end of it. If the rumors are true about Cosmic Fury being the final season of the show in the current form/continuity, bringing back Zordon at the end would be a good way to cap it off the whole 30-year run.

And, what would be amazing fanservice would be if they could not only get David Fielding (who is still alive) to come back and play Zordon, but specifically play his human form from before he was turned into the big floating head, while wearing a recreated version of the Barza costume from Zyuranger since it was footage of Barza that was used in MMPR to represent Zordon before Rita trapped him in a time warp.

Shadewing

Citizen
LuPat ain't getting an adaptation in the West. You'd get a ToqGer adaptation before LuPat shows up and even then....

No one is actually thinking it will, just explaining why it wouldn't. Just about everything about it is problematic in some form in the west. Which is a shame becuase its an interesting concept and some pretty cool designs, especially the 6th Ranger having different forms for each team.

Ironbite4

Citizen
It also kinda failed in Japan. And you can tell when it failed when they stopped giving the Pataranger's Megazord any new gimmicks and gave just about everything to the Lupinrangers.

Ironbite-cause....reasons.

Shadewing

Citizen
It also kinda failed in Japan. And you can tell when it failed when they stopped giving the Pataranger's Megazord any new gimmicks and gave just about everything to the Lupinrangers.

Ironbite-cause....reasons.

Yes, but so did Go-Busters, its why a lot of episodes ended up just boiling down to Red Ranger zord fighting. We still eventually got Beast Morphers. So it underperforming in Japan, doesn't nessicarily mean its gonna fail here. I'm not saying that as a counter of it will happen; just that it's not as big a roadblock as... well... everything else stopping it.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, but there were reasons for that, too. Ohranger had to completely rewrite their plot in the middle of the show due to...A LOT of disasters. So, they wanted to make something more upbeat for the kids. Apparently, the toys still did alright, though.

As far as LuPat goes...yeah, it's not going to happen. I guess you COULD make both teams dueling magicians of sorts. One trying to reveal magic to the rest of the world and the other trying to keep it hidden from the rest of humanity for everyone's safety. But, at some point, you're changing SO MUCH of a show that it's just easier to do a different one. Then again....RPM somehow FORCED Go-Onger footage to work. Crazier things have already happened.

Kiramager is a good choice. And I think Zenkaiger could work, too. King Ohger actually has some REALLY nice suits and I think it'd actually be pretty decent to adapt.

But, I guess we'll have to see where they're going with the franchise, first.

And, what would be amazing fanservice would be if they could not only get David Fielding (who is still alive) to come back and play Zordon, but specifically play his human form from before he was turned into the big floating head, while wearing a recreated version of the Barza costume from Zyuranger since it was footage of Barza that was used in MMPR to represent Zordon before Rita trapped him in a time warp.
You know, I'd actually be okay with Zordon coming back. Although, when I think about Zordon's human form, I think of the form we saw in the 90s Movie. I know that's non-canon, but it's still what I think about *shrug*

He does have a completely different design in the comics, too. And Hasbro HAS been drawing from the comics a little, recently. So, he might end up a little more blue and armored than before.

Shadewing

Citizen
As far as LuPat goes...yeah, it's not going to happen. I guess you COULD make both teams dueling magicians of sorts. One trying to reveal magic to the rest of the world and the other trying to keep it hidden from the rest of humanity for everyone's safety. But, at some point, you're changing SO MUCH of a show that it's just easier to do a different one. Then again....RPM somehow FORCED Go-Onger footage to work. Crazier things have already happened.

...You know, one possible way to make it work... Hexagon.

Like it would obviously be changed from the intial plan; and it wouldn't fix everything... but the very core concept? That could still work as its a way to have two ranger teams, not have them techincally be bad guys; but still have a rivalry. Concept wise, it would actually kinda work better with LuPat then it would have with Hurricanger.

Heck, thanks to Once and Always... this would work even BETTER in the modern setting, since we kinda already got elements on Hexagon thanks to Billy.

---

Damnit, now my mind won't let go of this. Thanks to OaA we have the "world wide network of Rangers" Thanks to the comics we have the idea of a "Ranger Academy". Well, the most simplist way to present two rival ranger teams... well... make them school rivals. Make both teams up and comers; both top of their classes. Aliens invade, and now they try to prove themselves for real, trying to become "THE" new ranger team. Pat Red would be an almost similar character to Eric from Time Force, very passionate and driven to prove himself. This would explain why he's more obessive with being the best. 6th Ranger would be a friend to both teams trying to help them both out, becuase he doesn't really want to choose sides. You'd still have to lose the cop vs robber elements of the story; but it wouldn't really be the first time teams or rangers were interpted differently between countries. But a lot of core elements from both LuPat and the original Hexagon could be somewhat viable without feeling like everything is being changed.

Thinking on it more... Maybe they could get away with just not mentioning cops and robbers; like for good or ill, SMF never mentioned or really made anything of Gokaiger's Pirate theme. Its just what their suits and zords were. You could maybe do the same thing here. Its just what their respective teams look like. If we keep the safes/treasures stuff.. well maybe those are tests. They're not stealing, they're having to find or protect the boxes. Sorta like in MHA where you sometimes see the classes pit against each other in various combat scenarios.

---

Further thoughts: This could also explain stuff like how the Megazords both share a zord.

And sure, this version of Hexagon loses the "Civil War" element of a united ranger front vs free agent rangers; but we'd still get a Hexagon staffed by previous rangers. Get a few back for main cast as teachers or staff, maybe a few cameos or even suit cameos like Legendary Battle did. Maybe Hexagon is formed post OaA, with them realizing maybe they need to be training the next generation of rangers rather then letting them try to figure it out on their own like Minh went through. Maybe she's a fellow student? Maybe some of the students are other ranger kids; maybe Pat Red is the son of Eric and Taylor and thus why he's kinda similar to his father? Maybe even keep Hexagon's original idea of one of the rangers being the son of the villian, keeping the reverse astronema idea. Like the more I think of this, the more I think it could actually hugging work...

Last edited:

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Hexagon was BS, IS BS and always will be BS.

Hell, he's changed what he claimed hexagon was going to be so many times itself.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Something else of interest to the future of the series is the fact that SDCC has already come and gone, yet the only Power Rangers products on display for next year were ones that had already been announced beforehand. Nothing new for next year was announced. We're nearly through summer, heading toward fall, and there's still no sign of what, if anything, is coming after Cosmic Fury. And with all filming and production ceasing and pulling out of New Zealand, there's been no word of any new TV production for next year happening this year since both Once & Always and Cosmic fury wrapped up filming last year.

It's looking more and more like there won't be any new Power Rangers TV season/series coming next year at all.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
I can believe there will not be one next year. Hasbro probably wants time to actually make their toys first before trying to catch up to tv show.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, its been kinda theorized for awhile that we're likely getting a hiatus next year, I think I've mentioned that previously as well. Hasbro seems to want to take time to work on the next stuff, whatever that is

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Well lets be honest.. trying to look at what other people did, make toys based off of it, and trying not to step on patents and stuff is probably a pain in the ass, especially to do it in a hurry.

Also lets not forget all the studio stuff they are trying to set up in general.

Shadewing

Citizen
...You know, one possible way to make it work... Hexagon.

Like it would obviously be changed from the intial plan; and it wouldn't fix everything... but the very core concept? That could still work as its a way to have two ranger teams, not have them techincally be bad guys; but still have a rivalry. Concept wise, it would actually kinda work better with LuPat then it would have with Hurricanger.

Heck, thanks to Once and Always... this would work even BETTER in the modern setting, since we kinda already got elements on Hexagon thanks to Billy.

---

Damnit, now my mind won't let go of this. Thanks to OaA we have the "world wide network of Rangers" Thanks to the comics we have the idea of a "Ranger Academy". Well, the most simplist way to present two rival ranger teams... well... make them school rivals. Make both teams up and comers; both top of their classes. Aliens invade, and now they try to prove themselves for real, trying to become "THE" new ranger team. Pat Red would be an almost similar character to Eric from Time Force, very passionate and driven to prove himself. This would explain why he's more obessive with being the best. 6th Ranger would be a friend to both teams trying to help them both out, becuase he doesn't really want to choose sides. You'd still have to lose the cop vs robber elements of the story; but it wouldn't really be the first time teams or rangers were interpted differently between countries. But a lot of core elements from both LuPat and the original Hexagon could be somewhat viable without feeling like everything is being changed.

Thinking on it more... Maybe they could get away with just not mentioning cops and robbers; like for good or ill, SMF never mentioned or really made anything of Gokaiger's Pirate theme. Its just what their suits and zords were. You could maybe do the same thing here. Its just what their respective teams look like. If we keep the safes/treasures stuff.. well maybe those are tests. They're not stealing, they're having to find or protect the boxes. Sorta like in MHA where you sometimes see the classes pit against each other in various combat scenarios.

---

Further thoughts: This could also explain stuff like how the Megazords both share a zord.

And sure, this version of Hexagon loses the "Civil War" element of a united ranger front vs free agent rangers; but we'd still get a Hexagon staffed by previous rangers. Get a few back for main cast as teachers or staff, maybe a few cameos or even suit cameos like Legendary Battle did. Maybe Hexagon is formed post OaA, with them realizing maybe they need to be training the next generation of rangers rather then letting them try to figure it out on their own like Minh went through. Maybe she's a fellow student? Maybe some of the students are other ranger kids; maybe Pat Red is the son of Eric and Taylor and thus why he's kinda similar to his father? Maybe even keep Hexagon's original idea of one of the rangers being the son of the villian, keeping the reverse astronema idea. Like the more I think of this, the more I think it could actually hugging work...

So... continuing on the "holy shit, I think this could work train"

Thanks to Beast Morphers; we have a replacement for the Lupin Collection; the Ranger Archives. Since the Lupin Collection was based on items from previous Ranger teams, well its easy to just replace them theoretically with ranger items. The bad guys have raided the place to try and use the Ranger's own stuff against them... Maybe make the villian from the crossover as having been part of the villian group/race for this hypothetical series...

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Hexagon will never be a thing.

Hexagon was NEVER a thing. It was a fan fic from a guy who made his own Fanfic canon in the show. But there was no way he was going to get that kind of budget, and like I said... he's changed what he claims it was doing to be/do several times. It's his own fanfic he's trying to pass off as official again.

Shadewing

Citizen
Hexagon will never be a thing.

Hexagon was NEVER a thing. It was a fan fic from a guy who made his own Fanfic canon in the show. But there was no way he was going to get that kind of budget, and like I said... he's changed what he claims it was doing to be/do several times. It's his own fanfic he's trying to pass off as official again.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In honor of National Power Rangers Day (which was yesterday), Pluto TV is marathoning every single episode of presumably every season, all this week on their Forever Kids channel.

The commercial advertising this Rev It Up Rangers Week marathon shows footage from Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, but no others. Last night, this marathon finished up Time Force and is right now nearing the end of Wild Force.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The commercial advertising this Rev It Up Rangers Week marathon shows footage from Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, but no others.
I mean, in fairness, if you showed footage from every iteration, you'd only get about a second of each with two seconds left in a 30-second spot.

Or just fill it if you give three to MMPR's different seasons.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I mean, in fairness, if you showed footage from every iteration, you'd only get about a second of each with two seconds left in a 30-second spot.

Or just fill it if you give three to MMPR's different seasons.
I mean, it's not that short a commercial. Nor are the clips in it particularly long. All three of those seasons get several multiple clips played in the ad.

Anyway, as of this typing, the infamous "I Love Lothor" episode of Ninja Storm is just beginning.

Top Bottom