Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I mean... she kinda already did that... remember. That red horse literally committed war crimes?

Sunny was the one that got the credit and the powerup, though. Those credits are non-transferable. Izzy was basically just auditing the Alicorn 101 class. If she wants wings of her own, she's going to have to find her own shattered stone of sorcery that she needs to be glued back together.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe we're not losing any TYT content. It is not unthinkable that production wrapped back in March and we have a complete show that's just being held back. Maybe it's everything else they had planned for 2025 that's in disarray, and TYT is just being spaced out to buy time for everyone else to get their act together.

Just visually, this episode does not look like a show that's in trouble. It's beautiful.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen

So... a diabetics nightmare... Not bad, action filled, sunny did the affirmation: but it's been so long since we've heard her do it that either it feels new, or they did an entirely new line for her. Whole thing kinda felt like it was written before some of the other recent ones, and it's either airing out of order, or they stockpiled random scripts just in case.

Mid, but at least it's content.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
I like how they make the soda can go faster.

Okay what is Earth Pony magic? I can buy them being able to make vines/plants grow from any earth surface, even if metal is in the way, but that was a floating cookie! How!?

So did everypony just bugger off after seeing Hitch and Sunny get sucked into the machine? Like there is this big crowd around them, and then when they get out, no one is around.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So we're on Fridays now. Maybe.

How is there a new vending machine? This whole place was magically constructed. Who is building new stuff?

Hitch returns to the show for one second and already his dignity is gone.

It's Sunny and Hitch on this adventure.

This is just more reason why nothing in this park should be trusted.

Hugging Kevin.

Maretime Bay's most wanted crook. Sprout is officially off the hook.

This isn't the most interesting thing, but the animation is pretty good, and it's not just for a couple special shots. Again, this doesn't look like a show that had any problems behind the scenes.

Hitch finally makes an arrest.

If this is the end, I'm amused that the final boss was just a racoonicorn.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe he plead insanity. It would have taken three minutes to convince any psychologist he needed help.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
You got a cake from a vending machine? I don't know if I'd trust a cake from a vending machine, myself. Even a magical one.

Why does Posey want a giant pineapple? The world...may never know.

These ponies must be big eaters. Seems like their eyes are bigger than their mouths for most of this.

This one vending machine just put every grocery store in Maretime Bay out of business in a single day! Everyone stocked up on any groceries they needed for a entire month!

Instead of accepting quarters...the vending machine accepts YOU!

The racoonicorn can eat the magical food before it is summoned into existence with magic. Did the racoonicorn just gain cosmic powers?

Kids these days. Expecting food without rodent bite-marks all over it. Kids have it too good these days, I tell you!

You going to try to REPAIR the magical vending machine that appeared out of thin air? You fool! It can ONLY be serviced by a licensed employee! You'll void the warranty! Think about the warranty!

Eh, just order them up and they'll be fine. Maybe covered in chocolate, but FINE!

There's a entire dimension of nothing but giant food! Oh, the conspiracy theories were true!

After this, they're going to have to visit the vegetable dimension, just to even things out.

Release the POWER Of Mentos!

The racoonicorn gained cosmic powers. So...Kevin's grown. I guess eating nothing but candy and sweets WILL make you grow up big and strong. Thanks for lying to me, MOM!

Kevin sure learned the magic of this pocket dimension fast. Was the vending machine some sort of interdimensional parasite that leaked into the pony world, just looking for someone who could rule their dimension? Was this entire dimension just fattening him up to feast upon him later? ,,,,Probably not.

I mean, you could just...leave the racoonicorn here? He seems happy. Just put a "out of order" sign on the vending machine and everything'll be good.

Soon you shall be...candy coated!

Earth ponies can make things grow ANYWHERE, huh? I guess this is sort of like vegetables beating junk food. Sorta.

You don't want to eat Hitch. He spends all day with Sparky. He's COVERED in baby germs.

Is this the first actual arrest Hitch has made during the entire show?

Everyone's going to need a bath after this adventure.

Okay what is Earth Pony magic? I can buy them being able to make vines/plants grow from any earth surface, even if metal is in the way, but that was a floating cookie! How!?
Yeah, that's a bit convenient. To be fair, there's probably some trace of plant matter in all those sweets. Grain or wheat for the cookies. Fruit flavoring. Corn syrup. Some sort of vegetable oil for some of the other stuff. There's probably enough that you can magically grow stuff out of it.
How is there a new vending machine? This whole place was magically constructed. Who is building new stuff?
I'm looking at the Breezies. Random magical items coming from nowhere is kind of their thing this generation.

Or bring back the Bushwoolies and make THEM the magic tinkerers of this generation!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm looking at the Breezies. Random magical items coming from nowhere is kind of their thing this generation.

Or bring back the Bushwoolies and make THEM the magic tinkerers of this generation!]

Could be worse.

Inventing is fun.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
You got a cake from a vending machine? I don't know if I'd trust a cake from a vending machine, myself. Even a magical one.
We wouldn't, but well... it's Izzy...
Yeah, that's a bit convenient. To be fair, there's probably some trace of plant matter in all those sweets. Grain or wheat for the cookies. Fruit flavoring. Corn syrup. Some sort of vegetable oil for some of the other stuff. There's probably enough that you can magically grow stuff out of it.
He does it again though on what I can only assume is like sour rainbow candy strips. It shouldn't work! >_<

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You'd be surprised how many unpronounceable industrial sounding ingredients are actually totally natural things.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen

Other than the intro; zero focus on ponies, all of it on allura and twitch. Decent song, good animation and a look at her background. Shame it's over, I liked this as the beginning of a redemption arc.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So we're not switching to Fridays.

It's amazing how much better these two look in TYT.

So the they do own the Boardtrot, and they close it at night.

Villain song.

I'm not going to miss G5 music. There's some important character stuff in these lyrics, but the sound is so corporate.

Tragic backstory.

There's some good stuff in the animation again. They were really hitting their stride. Hug this CEO.

Well at least we're getting an indication of where the story was intended to go. We'll never know how they wee going to get there, but it'll be our job to figure it out now.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I'm honestly mad. This is interesting. What happened to Sunny's mom was interesting. Opal saying this isn't over could have been interesting. But we just aren't getting any conclusion to any of that. Not unless they decided to make the last few specials some sort of long movie for the final TYT. Kinda like how the last three episodes of Owl House was on youtube.

That'd be really cool, but I kinda doubt it.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Just because you two have no friends doesn't mean you can't enjoy tea! Tea is for introverts, too!

Allura doesn't socialize.

I already like Twitch better than Angel. He's not such a bad little bunny, after all. Brings out the TINY spark of Fluttershy in our grouchy catgirl.

Well, I guess Allura's having a night on the town!

The Manes LOCK the Boardtrot at night? I mean...it just feels wrong, since all they did was have the magic spruce the place up. They never BOUGHT this place from whoever abandoned it in the first place. Plus, isn't this basically a public place? That runs on magic? Why does it need operating hours? The magic seems to never run out.

The Boardtrot can probably say "night-night" back, if you tell it to a place that has a speaker. Okay, maybe the Boardtrot does need to sleep? I guess it can't hurt?

I mean, the "mystery flavor" of Ponycorn is all mixed into the same bucket. So, they really have no choice OTHER than to try it, I guess. Man, sharing a bucket with everyone in this world would be SO unhygenic. Most of these ponies just have to stick their faces into the bucket to eat anything. Hooves do not make it easy to eat out of the same bucket.

Spicy Ponycorn...big cat who likes the cold....yeah, okay, Chekov's Gun is loaded. Let's see if it actually fires or not.

Twitch vs Sparky! Cuteness Battle! Let's GO!!!

Allura's a True Introvert. Any excuse to stay home for the night. I can relate.

I honestly don't know why Allura was against this plan, if she knew the ponys locked up the place at night. She has wings. This is a non-threat for her. You'd think she'd be raiding the Boardtrot ALL the time for supplies. If only to get something to eat.

To be fair...yeah, Twitch can be a little annoying. Still better than Angel, though.

Again...Allura, you have wings. There's no need to break the lock with ice magic. Just fly over the gate. Why don't you wanna fly?!

Well...I guess ponies are going to be finding a lot of hair in their ponycorn tomorrow. Then again, Izzy works here, they might be used to it.

I feel like it's a LITTLE late to try to make Allura too sympathetic? I mean, there is the whole "attempted slavery" thing with the Auroracorns. We're supposed to think that's fine just because she doesn't have a home of her own? There's plenty of homeless people who DON'T try to mind control a entire species, you don't get a pass, Allura!

...That being said, fine, if they can find a dimension or island for her to call home, she can live there. She really hasn't done anything bad since she's come to Maretime Bay.

You know, Allura and her ice magic versus one of the magic-fire-breathing Dragons we know would be kind of a fun fight to see. Wait, does this imply there were Dragons on Starlight Ridge?

A fun house ride that ties you up in bows...not sure if that's questionable or not.

I'm glad we're actually getting a little backstory for Allura. I guess she found Twitch on a ice float?

Lil' Allura is so cute! This design is plushie worthy.

Ah, and we finally learn her brother's name! Alterro! They are kind of retconning things. There's no reason why she'd actually be hearing Altero's voice in her head, now. I guess the retcon is now that she was just imagining hearing her brother's voice? So, it seems like she wanted the Auroracorn's Nova Charm because a similar magic rock brought her there in the first place. It still doesn't excuse mind-control. But...yeah, okay, fine, it's a sympathetic backstory.

Although...does this mean that Alterro's been travelling around the world with the crystal Allura left behind, looking for his sister this entire time? Kind of has a Quantum Leap/Sliders sorta vibe to it. That'd be fun to see. Shame we probably never will.

Allura and her AMAZING friend!

Friendship bracelets! She can't resist the bunny nose!

Tsundere/Ironic Teacup Rides! Allura's face is priceless. She refuses to admit she's having fun. Gif worthy moment!

D'AWWW! It's one of those magic bracelets, too! Their friendship is real, the magic says so! No one can resist the friendship bracelets! If it's magic was strong enough to unfreeze Posey's heart, Allura never stood a chance.

D'awww...she's a good kitty!

Checkov's Gun remains on the mantle, unfired. Fine.

Okay, please send her home next episode? We're running out of time to wrap things up, supposedly. There's probably ONE episode left. No idea if it's a longer special or not. I hope it wraps up Allura's story arc at least. We'll probably never find out what's going on with Skyros, but we can at least send Allura home, maybe.

There should be ONE episode left!

Can they stick the landing?!

We'll see in two weeks for the grand finale! (The Finale is not guaranteed to be "grand" OR "final" OR even "E"! We're on a tight budget!)

Last edited:

Videomaster21XX

Citizen

I am however really into this song. It's great.

Yes I know CoffeeHorse doesn't like it, but let's be real. Coffee Horse doesn't like music. :p

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One of my earliest movies I was ever exposed to was Fantasia. That might have shaped a lot of my tastes a little.

Including the scenes with the brightly colored pegasuses, come to think of it.

Top Bottom