Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Axaday

Citizen

Vance is actually still toeing the line, not toeing the line. I wish someone would keep pushing here. Does he recognize the distinction between "Losing an election because information was hidden from voters" which might be unfair, but is in fact a loss and "Having an election stolen by fraud in the election process"? I would be pleased if someone would press him to draw that line. Then I would be really please if they followed up with "Do you understand that Trump has been found guilty, and is awaiting sentencing, for fraudulent accounting intended to hide information from voters in the 2020 election? So did Hillary lose the 2020 election?"

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Could just be the dementia ruining his coordination. Could be he's spent his entire life pretending to listen to people. Any way around, we know he wasn't actually listening, because he never answered the question.

Axaday

Citizen
Could just be the dementia ruining his coordination. Could be he's spent his entire life pretending to listen to people. Any way around, we know he wasn't actually listening, because he never answered the question.
He was listening enough to know the topics and replied without getting angry, which again was strange. That question was NOT from someone who might vote for him, I'm pretty sure. But he didn't take the bait. Why couldn't he stay this cool with Kamala?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The question was "You drove me away as a voter, and a list of reasons why, what are you doing or going to do to get me back" and the response was lies about how well he's liked, and bragging.

Trump also kept his cool with this guy, because it was a guy.

Axaday

Citizen
The question was "You drove me away as a voter, and a list of reasons why, what are you doing or going to do to get me back" and the response was lies about how well he's liked, and bragging.

Trump also kept his cool with this guy, because it was a guy.
To at least some extent, his answer was "I'm not actually guilty of the things you dislike me for".

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I don't think he's got any say in it right now. The forty minutes of mcconneling probably spooked his puppet masters. He could be slipping faster, from the stress of it, could be he's once again trying to hide his hospital visits and doctors diagnoses.

Axaday

Citizen
The Republicans keep essentially getting away with saying the inflation was caused by "The Democrats' failed policies" and no one pushes them to identify the policies. I wish we could have that conversation. They sometimes go a little further and say all the spending. If they would explicitly say that it is the infrastructure bill, it would be a fun conversation to have that some 6% inflation isn't worth all of those high value construction jobs and repairing decades of unsafe and deferred maintenance.

"You have a job. Someone else having a job isn't worth you spending $.40 on your breakfast egg?"

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
People who are struggling to make ends meet and think Trump is the solution either don't understand the real causes of inflation, haven't noticed that it's way down now, or both.

Inflation peaked globally due to the pandemic and the war in Ukraine, but it's currently at 2.4%, close to pre-covid levels.

Blaming Biden ignores the fact that inflation wasn't his doing and that his administration has actually made strides in bringing it down.

Shadhausen

Citizen
People who are struggling to make ends meet and think Trump is the solution either don't understand the real causes of inflation, haven't noticed that it's way down now, or both.

Inflation peaked globally due to the pandemic and the war in Ukraine, but it's currently at 2.4%, close to pre-covid levels.

Blaming Biden ignores the fact that inflation wasn't his doing and that his administration has actually made strides in bringing it down.
The problem is most people aren't seeing the drop in inflation. All those grocery prices that skyrocketed due to inflation? They aren't coming back down (and probably won't due to greed). So you can type until your fingers bleed about how inflation is way down, but until the cost of things that people need to feed their families start dropping, nobody is going to listen.

Axaday

Citizen
I think they know that.

The problem is most people aren't seeing the drop in inflation. All those grocery prices that skyrocketed due to inflation? They aren't coming back down (and probably won't due to greed). So you can type until your fingers bleed about how inflation is way down, but until the cost of things that people need to feed their families start dropping, nobody is going to listen.

Nobody is saying there has been DE-flation. Eggs, milk, and raw meat MIGHT go down a bit, but in general the best you can hope for is that the prices are not going to go up as fast. They don't go back down.

Top Bottom