Transformers: Age of the Primes toyline discussion Update with Commander and Titan listings

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Silverbolt is no surprise, but Star Convoy is. He’s a definite “wait and see”. I can see them addressing him multiple ways, from simply a “big boi” to some sort of combination gimmick (incorporating a smaller robot combining with his trailer). I wouldn’t be surprised if a “micro Hot Rod” didn’t make the cut either.

I’m almost certain that the G2 Dinobots Selects listing is a leader 4 pack of the other Dinobots in G2 colors. Grimlock in G2 colors is confirmed, and it makes sense Hasbro would do a big set like that to “get them out of the way” so they don’t have to try and spend the next 3-5 years slotting in G2 Dinobots in Generations.
Sadly, that means a $200-250 upfront cost for the entire group PLUS Grimlock at retail.

The “Retro Inspired” are probably the “modern toys in classic packaging” I was banking on seeing THIS year. Brawn is an easy repaint/retool of the SS figure, but there hasn’t been a new Seaspray since Titans Return. Sounds like another Cosmos situation, but after seeing Hasbro do a “reissue wave”, I’m less concerned about getting him than I might be.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I admit I don't know much about Star Convoy. But isn't he supposed to be huge? Maybe I'm wrong there. I'll wait and see though.
He is supposed to be about Combiner-sized, but not Cityformer-sized. The height of Siege Jetfire would have been perfect for him.

My only hope for this Star Convoy is that it's less of an actual Titan and more of a "Titan class in name only", as in a Commander class-sized figure but made with the budget of a Titan.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
He is supposed to be about Combiner-sized, but not Cityformer-sized. The height of Siege Jetfire would have been perfect for him.

My only hope for this Star Convoy is that it's less of an actual Titan and more of a "Titan class in name only", as in a Commander class-sized figure but made with the budget of a Titan.
Thinking about it, this is more my guess. Jetfire size but with extra parts to warrant Titan price point. Hopefully that means a new core class Hot Rod, or even a recolor of the Kingdom version (I would think that would save money). That's who I put with my Selects Star Convoy from a few years back.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't care. I want it no matter what. Even if the execution sucks I have to encourage this.

Top Bottom