Transformers: Age of the Primes toyline discussion Update with Commander and Titan listings

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I am amused by the idea of Hasbro trying to sell a character named "Sky Garry" on his own. Like sure, as part of a massive three pack it could be "STAR OPTIMUS PRIME AND THE ASTRO AUTOBOT STRIKE FORCE" or something but just selling a robot named "Garry" on his own is funny to me.
They don't have to keep the name. They could easily change Sky Garry's name like how the old guard changed Stepper to "Ricochet" back in the day.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Isn't a prominent theory is that it's meant to be "Sky Carry" but it got a little mangled in the translation?

I think it's a Japanese grammar thing? The katakana for "kya" in "carry" becomes "gya" with the addition of the dakuten ("), probably due to the sounds its following? (It has been many years since I actually studied Japanese)

Machine Robo has the Jet Garry and Machine Robo Rescue had Siren Garry, which are both essentially carriers for smaller figures, so it has to be a grammatical quirk because it follows another word. I think, if "carry" was the lead word, it would use "kya" without the dakuten. I think.

Last edited:

Top Bottom