Transformers Collaborative (Transformers X Naruto Shippuden)

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I want to say Transformers x Naruto is the last thing I expected, but then remembered the Evangelion Optimus Prime exists.

I always wanted like a line of mythical beasts but felt dragons or the occasional griffin were all I'd get, so a nine-tailed fox is pretty cool (I also like Naruto so I'm familiar with nine tails). Also it's up for sale, 54.99 for what looks like a deluxe and core toys, is a bit steep for me, but dang do I want that fox.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I know that’s how Kurama is drawn when not powered up but really would have preferred the glowing pupil-less eyes here. The way it is now makes the fox head look more than a bit derpy.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I would put my money on the '89 Batmobile, just because of the 80's property synergy. However, don't forget the '66 Batmobile. It's nearly as iconic and fondly remembered, and could provide some interesting body pieces to integrate into a robot mode.
I actually think they'll make a "generic" Batmobile and not link it to any ONE media representation but a general catch all design, not dissimilar to how Spin Master does its assorted Batmobiles.
I'm guessing it'll incorporate influences from Greg Capullo's Batmobile, which is the foundation that many recent iterations have been derived from, though I'm fond of the 1996 one from JH Williams. I'm certain the "bat-ram" front end will be a feature in some fashion. The nice thing about doing a Batmobile is that there have been SO MANY variations, you really can't " mess it up".

The Batman Eternal one seemed like the reference used for some recent toys:

But I'm partial to this 1996 interpretation:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Eh, I dunno. That doesn't seem very on brand for Collaborative, which has so far been riding the wave of specifically using iconic vehicles and looks with their identifying features faithfully represented. Delorean time machine, Ecto-1, TMNT Party Wagon, 90s show Blackbird...

And as much as the 66 isn't "my" Batmobile, I'd prefer that over a more genericized one.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I'd bet on the 89 or BTAS Batmobile. The only real difference is the turbine on the front, and the thinner proportions of those two would lend themselves better to approximating Batman's physique. They could straight up use a variation of the PRID Vehicon transformation and it'd turn out great.

Adam West Batmobile would be great if they leaned into the camp though. Make his accessories The Bomb™, a can of Bat-Decepticon repellant, and a shark-shaped blast effect. Also alternate Batusi hands. And POW BIFF WHAM onomatopoeia blast effects.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Transformers-x-Naruto-005.jpg

Transformers-x-Naruto-001.jpg

Transformers-x-Naruto-004.jpg

Transformers-x-Naruto-003.jpg

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Transformers robots have always been — More Than Meets the Eye. Now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters who share this same quality.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN X TRANSFORMERS COLLABORATIVE 2-FIGURE PACK: Includes Kurama converting action figure and Gamakichi converting action figure inspired by the characters from the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN anime series.

KURAMA NARUTO SHIPPUDEN INSPIRED ALT MODE: Kurama figure converts between robot mode and 9-tailed fox mode in 14 steps.

GAMAKICHI NARUTO SHIPPUDEN INSPIRED ALT MODE: Gamakichi figure converts between robot mode and toad mode in 12 steps.

SERIES-INSPIRED DECO AND ACCESSORIES: Includes 2 kunai, 2 chakra plates, rasengan, rasenshuriken, and 2 swappable hands for Kurama figure, and sword and summoning scroll for Gamakichi figure.

NARUTO NARUTO SHIPPUDEN INSPIRED PACKAGING: Box is designed to look like a scroll from the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN animated series. Makes a great gift for Transformers robot fans and Naruto fans!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Also, not to double post, but spoopy season has reminded me. Weren't we supposed to be getting a Wolfman transformer to go with Dracula and Frankenstein?

TriBlurr

Citizen
Also, not to double post, but spoopy season has reminded me. Weren't we supposed to be getting a Wolfman transformer to go with Dracula and Frankenstein?

Supposedly there was a plan to do 2 more Universal Monster Collabs. Wolfman from Weirdwolf and Creature from the Black Lagoon from Skullcruncher.

Sales on the last 2 may have impacted if the others getting Greenlit or not. No sign of either this year at any rate.

Top Bottom