Transformers Legacy toyline

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
My son has two of the Cliffjumper mold, and loves them, and finds it odd that the partsforming bugs me so much.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The transformation is otherwise fairly nice, and I think that's where the problem happened. The designer worked himself into a corner, and he liked what he'd already done too much to go back to the drawing board, so he took the easy way out on the remaining part.

It's telling that this wasn't a widespread thing. It wasn't an Earthrise Deluxe "feature." It wasn't Hasbro cutting the budget again. It's one particular design that went wrong.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Maybe they could have avoided it if the altmode had been a scrunched up chibi Ferrari instead of a more realistic one.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's almost like we have different tastes, or something.

Leaving aside that for now, I guess that after all this time, the alleged Glyph/Tapout release leaked a whiiiile back has been debunked or (assuming it was ever true) has been canceled/abandoned? Heard about it, then stopped hearing about it, and I don't generally pursue leaked info or discussion so I never found out anything more.

Because as much as this little issue sticks in my craw, I do like this mold well enough to keep painting up versions of it and these are two characters I want to see. And if I have to paint them myself, well... sure.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It's almost like we have different tastes, or something.

Leaving aside that for now, I guess that after all this time, the alleged Glyph/Tapout release leaked a whiiiile back has been debunked or (assuming it was ever true) has been canceled/abandoned? Heard about it, then stopped hearing about it, and I don't generally pursue leaked info or discussion so I never found out anything more.

Because as much as this little issue sticks in my craw, I do like this mold well enough to keep painting up versions of it and these are two characters I want to see. And if I have to paint them myself, well... sure.
I would think that they want to avoid making all repaints from the same molds for a number of reasons. One could be that they want us to buy versions of upcoming molds?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Everyone's welcome to like what they want. It's ok. If some facet of a toy bothers you, that's valid, didn't intend to imply otherwise. I was more commenting on my own mindset on the matter, it's such a nonissue to me personally, such a deeply unnoticed innocuous thing, it feels deeply weird to be reminded that anyone cares about it.

Again that's not saying there's anything wrong with caring. I certainly have my nit picky likes and dislikes too. I passionately hate "elbow curl" style arm articulation where the hands are at a perminent 90 degrees to the elbow. Absolutely ruins any figure for me no matter how cool it is otherwise. (Looks at Cybertron Scourge). I'm sure that there are folks out there that can't imagine that ruining a figure, so I get it.

-ZacWilliam, more just saying the parts forming thing is so far from being something I personally care about I'm always surprised when others do.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Everyone's welcome to like what they want. It's ok. If some facet of a toy bothers you, that's valid, didn't intend to imply otherwise. I was more commenting on my own mindset on the matter, it's such a nonissue to me personally, such a deeply unnoticed innocuous thing, it feels deeply weird to be reminded that anyone cares about it.

Again that's not saying there's anything wrong with caring. I certainly have my nit picky likes and dislikes too. I passionately hate "elbow curl" style arm articulation where the hands are at a perminent 90 degrees to the elbow. Absolutely ruins any figure for me no matter how cool it is otherwise. (Looks at Cybertron Scourge). I'm sure that there are folks out there that can't imagine that ruining a figure, so I get it.

-ZacWilliam, more just saying the parts forming thing is so far from being something I personally care about I'm always surprised when others do.
I also hate "gorilla/muscle-builder arms" too. I really hated the "cr@pple-damage" paint of most of the Siege line, the unfinished rear end of Astrotrain, the awful design of the recent Blitzwing, most of the anime-"accurate" (sic) MPs and the short stature of Siege Shockwave, which is why I didn't bother with most of them.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Everyone has their arbitrary lines. Usually partsforming is one for me but for reasons that boil down to how much I like the rest of the mould and how the partsformed part is used it doesn't cross my arbitrary line.

But these lines for everyone are, as I said, arbitrary. Why do people like a mould? They just do. Why do they dislike a mould? They just do.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
While you all are going back and forth about a 3 year old mold we’ve gotten a ton of already…JtPrime posted new listings, including a Star Seeker sub line for Walmart next year. My biggest sad face about that is the lack of the original mass market pirate, Cannonball.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm most thrilled to see Filch there.
I've wanted a toy of her since her appearance on RiD.

-ZacWilliam, some other cool listings too, but Filch is the one that made me excited.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm most thrilled to see Filch there.
I've wanted a toy of her since her appearance on RiD.

-ZacWilliam, some other cool listings too, but Filch is the one that made me excited.

Roadpig also has my interest; which is hopefully a new mold. Gets us both Laser Cycles; and means maybe we can get G2 Laser Soundwave; also potential now for an RiD Axor vs Sideways two pack homage. Maybe even use him as Armada Sideways as a homage to RM Doubleface.

Shadewing

Citizen
While you all are going back and forth about a 3 year old mold we’ve gotten a ton of already…JtPrime posted new listings, including a Star Seeker sub line for Walmart next year. My biggest sad face about that is the lack of the original mass market pirate, Cannonball.

Well we do have an unnamed "Deluxe 1" on there; maybe that could be Cannonball. He'd probably be a remold of Crankcase if it was.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Tra Gen Legacy UNI Deluxe Slipstream

Hoo boy, some people are going to be salty about her being a deluxe.
"Deluxe" doesn't have to mean "noticeably shorter than a Voyager." They've been more than willing to make short or tall Deluxes based on some semblance of what they think scale should be so... I'm going to wait and see before getting upsetti spaghetti.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I'm no longer worried about the Toxitron collection. Jazz was just purchased on eBay, and a friend on Facebook was able to score me Sideswipe and Dead End.

I for one would have welcomed mass retail releases for Glyph and Tap-Out.

Also, yay, new listings! Quake, Roadpig and Filch are definites, Ferak is a likely purchase, I'm curious about Thundertron, I'll probably bite on the WFC Decepticon Infantry...and I can probably pass on the rest.

Top Bottom