Transformers Legacy toyline

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I don’t trust 3D printed parts for anything that has to move. Plus, Bumblebee is an exclusive, making it somewhat harder to track down and it’s just more effort and money I’m not willing to spend when another Bumblebee is a matter of time.

Partsforming does suck. Anything that has to be set aside disrupts the flow of idly flipping something back and forth. In ER Cliffjumper's case I was prepared to completely forgive it if they took advantage of it for a Camshaft remold, but that never happened.

I'd still forgive it. I still want the Omnibots.
All I ask is that the partsforming thing do something. Transplanting an unchanged third of the vehicle mode as a backpack is just inelegant and the kind of thing I’d expect from MARS Convertors or dollar store knockoffs.

You're the one that seems to be making it one...
“I don’t like partsforming.”
“Nah man, just put those bits somewhere else and it's fine.”
“That’s partsforming.”
“Why are you causing problems?”

Last edited:

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
It'd be a pretty good mold if they retool away the lame car trunk on a stick, sorry, "shield."
I just stick it on his back and it's fine imo

I don’t like partsforming.
Neither do I and if ER Cliffjumper started a wider trend then I'd have more issues but it didn't.

I look at it like I look at faux parts. I don't like faux parts. But sometimes they can work in certain contexts. Like ER Prime's faux grill abs.
ER Cliffjumper's partsforming is the partsforming version of that for me- something I don't like in concept but which works well in this specific case.

If you want a deeper explanation it's because I can stick the back of the car chunk on his back and it looks perfectly fine.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I admit when it comes to any sort of Partsforming discussion, that my first Transformer ever was a G1 Thundercracker. I used a sandwich bag as a near-permanent accessory for him. Still eventually lost EVERY part except for the two wings. So I'm just about immune by this point. Or possibly just traumatized.

Both helps and doesn't that a friend gave me, decades later, both the Legends and Deluxe Classics molds of Thundercracker for different birthdays, and I later got the Earthrise mold on clearance, so I *know* it doesn't have to be that way even if the guns do have to pop off and back on. It's still a vast improvement.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
There aren't enough bots that enter robot mode with an accessory already in hand.
Interragator comes to mind, as does the downside of integral-but-detachable-- if he drops his gear, his altmode reaaaaally suffers.

(IIRC one episode of BW had TM Megatron let go of his weapon and then they fell together like it was glued to his leg or something. It's a minor thing, but jeeeez.)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
In-hand image of the clear Optimus.
Clear Legends OP.png

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's nice to see that color scheme still appearing from time to time. One could build a whole collection of Primes with that scheme.

I kinda want to, but Cybertron Galaxy Force Prime is expensive these days.

Dake

Citizen
At least Overdrive and Camshaft showed up in Alternators/Binaltech. No such love for my beautiful boy Downshift...
They made him in Cybertron! And though I really want his original vehicle redone today, I'd be very excited by a modern version of the green muscle car too.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
They made him in Cybertron! And though I really want his original vehicle redone today, I'd be very excited by a modern version of the green muscle car too.
There have been a handful of other "Downshifts" since the 80s (there was an Armada MiniCon before the Cybertron figure), but G1 Downshift has yet to receive a second toy.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've picked up most uses of the Cliffjumper/Bumblebee mold, as there's a lot about it to like. But I still feel the partsforming hatchback piece is a mistake. Drop the bazooka thing and use the tooling money on a few pieces that make an arm for the trunk piece to sit on and fold up onto the back. Let the upgrade kit makers produce the bazooka for whoever wants it, but release a fully engineered figure. Not the other way round like we got it.

I haven't looked into the upgrade kit that gives that arm, as the cost is an issue and I don't even know how durable that would be in the long run. But this is functionality I feel they could have put in themselves.

Top Bottom