Transformers Legacy toyline

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, I’m legitimately curiousnhow they’ll handle him.

plus, since it’s all but guaranteed we’re getting feet, what else they’re going to do

I'm curious to see how much remolding they get, if the dino modes will get any remolding to look more like the shells; Slag/Kakuryu getting a line of horns, Grimlock/Goryu getting spikes on his head, ete stuff that would be kinda simple to do but help make them look a bit more different then new colors.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Yeah, dino modes are almost definitely getting retooled but I’m most anticipating the colors. Most likely they’ll go with inner robot colors in service of a Dinoking that looks like Dinoking but shell colors or shell/inner robot fusions would be interesting.

Also will he just keep Volcanicus’ butterknife, have a toy-accurate blaster or maybe anime-accurate scythe?

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I see the colors being at least 90% toy. If we look at the previous 4 Pretenders we've gotten; they've tried to homage both shell and robot/vehicle. So I imagine that we'll see some gold and silver mixed in with the majorly blue/green/white look. I could see Kakuryu having the gold/yellow on his dino head/helmet and the rest of him being a green or brown; since as long as DinoKing's chest is yellow/gold I feel they'd be more willing to play with his colors. Same with Sludge, since his colors have almost no effect on DinoKing.

As for weapons: I'm hoping for a Gun and Scythe since this is a Pulsecon exclusive; and he did use a gun at least once in the show.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They could have double dipped and had one version that's wholly inner bot colored and another set that's wholly shell colors, but I doubt they did that.

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
You know of any other modern Vans he can be made from?

It can be done:

BAkxuXe.jpg

These two were the custom class options for TFCon Orlando 2023.
It's not that I don't like the look, it's more that the mold's already been 5 guys already and I don't want one of my favs to end up a floppy mess from degradation.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Honestly guys I will be STUNNED if there is any remolding of any kind on Dinoking. Cores just don't ever seem to get that. I absolutely don't expect any.

I think a few new parts have better odds probably but still probably are not a definite.

-ZacWilliam, I would love it if they remolded them all into Pretender Monsters but I don't expect that even a little bit.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Honestly guys I will be STUNNED if there is any remolding of any kind on Dinoking. Cores just don't ever seem to get that. I absolutely don't expect any.

I think a few new parts have better odds probably but still probably are not a definite.

-ZacWilliam, I would love it if they remolded them all into Pretender Monsters but I don't expect that even a little bit.

Gotta agree, remolding on Core class is pretty rare (this is the main reason why I still collect Deluxe and Voyager, really). On the other hand, we did get pretooling or something for Core Ironhide and Ratchet, and Dinoking was almost everyone's first thought when the Core Dinobots got announced, especially when it was revealed they combined. If someone at Hasbro/TakTomy designed these figures with alternate tooling from the get-go, then it's not outside the realm of possibility to see some differences between the 2 sets.
I would love to see at least Goryu and Kakuryu get a little something to differentiate them from Grimlock and Slag, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it, either.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
But then again, it is going to be a PulseCon exclusive, which could warrant a little extra effort put into it. But I wouldn't expect more than head retools for the robot heads and some of the dino heads. At the very least, the combiner head should be changed since there is no way Volcanicus's head could pass for Dinoking's head, no matter how it's colored.

Lobjob

Citizen
It always felt like the only reason the core dinobots existed at all was because they were pretooled to be dinoking. Its the only reason the dinobots wonkiness makes sense. I can't wait to see this Dinoforce in action.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, the only way the Dinoforce would have been sold at retail would have been as individual figures like the Dinobots were. A gift set with potentially extra bells and whistles likely wouldn't have fit into any of the defined retail price points, meaning it was always going to be a special venue release.

Top Bottom