Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
New SDCC set revealed, being promoted under the United banner- Fractured Friendship: Gladiator Megatron vs Security Officer Orion Pax

Gladiator Megatron is a retool/repaint Miner Megatron (itself derived from the old Siege Megatron). I dig the war paint and the dark helmet always looks sexy. I'm also digging the extra weapons, as a warhammer isn't a common weapon and the sword is very evocative of the Armada era Starsaber (at least the stylized interpretation). I don't NEED another Megatron, but the new painted details and weapons really speak to my imagination.

Security Officer Orion Pax is...well, frankly, he's Stormbringer Optimus Prime. Aside from some colors and leg details, this is as close to Stormbringer as they could probably get while working with the WFC Gamer mold as they could. I think the figure wears these details better than the WFC version, and it looks like the big complaint with the arms got addressed. I also like how it seems like Hasbro was "planning" for this release by incorporating a lot of the key design traits into the prior "Humble Origins" Orion Pax. That's a level of design continuity that's quite rare and I think DOES add to the value of that prior figure. It's not common that you have an Orion Pax and Optimus Prime that actually share THAT degree of commonality (prior to TF One, anyway).

Like this set, I'll probably be getting it.

Also, be sure to check your local stores, 'tis Clearance season! A nearby Walmart had leaders (both Studio and Generations) marked down to $41 and $44, while I managed to find a Toxitron Series Grimlock still sporting a full price sticker. But the app said it was $38 and it ended up ringing up for just $27

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Megatron's hammer looks like a wad of gum on a stick. Megatron himself is okay, a bit of a downgrade compared to the previous miner release but not bad. Orion Pax is pretty cool retool and the best shot the IDW pre-Earth design's getting officially but I'm just tired of Optimus in general.

Last edited:

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Yeah, this feels like them squirting out one last use of this mold before the new one comes in.

'course watch them find even more ways to release it just to spite me.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Speaking of Amazon, has anyone else gotten Chop Shop and Barrage?
In Japan, these formerly Japan-exclusive figures are a tad out of the price-range for most Japanese collectors...

Ripoff.png

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They never released in Japan at all. At least not as transformers.
Yeah, this feels like them squirting out one last use of this mold before the new one comes in.

'course watch them find even more ways to release it just to spite me.
I’m surprised they haven’t used it more for other characters. The way the mold transforms, you could change any of the major body parts aside from the shoulders/arms and give it entirely new weaponsand it’d not impede transformation

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm passing on the new OP & Megs set, the Seige Hound retool into Orion Pax looks better espeically when I added some third party guns to his wrists and that just made him look better in my view! Anyway, the Megatron mold, really needs to retire at this point, its the most overused mold to date, it even beats the seeker mold which always been the go to mold for mass production overkill, don't believe me, then watch this video to see the TRUTH of this fact:

Top Bottom