Transformers Legacy toyline

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Fractured Friendship 2-pack is apparently on sale in China already, so there are in-hand pictures already. The comparison between Gamer Edition Prime and this new one is wild, it's a really thorough retool.

I really don't want yet another version of that Megatron mold (I have two and that's quite enough), but I really want that Prime as my defacto cybertron Optimus, especially since I skipped siege Prime

I guess it'll be nice to have gladiator Megatron as a transition between miner Megatron and siege Megatron.

MrBlud

Citizen
That’s probably the most cohesive “Orion-to-Prime” set we’re ever going to get…
IMG_3723.jpeg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
That’s probably the most cohesive “Orion-to-Prime” set we’re ever going to get…
View attachment 21873
Oh, yeah. Outside from a few instances in the comic, it has been EXCEPTIONALLY rare to see a “Hot Rod -> Rodimus Prime” matrix upgrade get portrayed by Optimus Prime, much less in toy format.
That’s even before getting into just how impressive the retool itself is. The gray “core” bits is unchanged, but the red and blue sprues are largely new and VERY impressive. The fact they added a full head to the height is actually impressive. With the better images, it looks like he MIGHT retain the removable lower arm, but at least now the blaster doesn’t require that to function. Sad we lost the battle ax, I think it “scales” better with the increased height, but I think the new Megatron weapons help off set that.

Surprisingly, I’ve NOT managed to acquire a collection of Siege Megatrons. I only have the Netflix Spoiler pack (with that glorious Skelivore) and the G2 Earthrise version. The “rebellion” markings where most of his caution deco was in the prior figure creates a fantastic “link” between his incarnations, and just looks spiffy in a brutal kind of way.

I really didn’t expect to be enraptured by this set as I am. Trying to cut things back, but this one is really sticking with me.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Is it me, or does it look like this Optimus is meant to double as not only pre-Earth IDW Optimus but also War Within Dreamwave Optimus?

The position of the wheels behind his shoulders remind me a lot of this:

Optronix_optimus.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I don't know if we knew about this beforehand or not, but I just got an email from Hasbro Pulse that revealed that Legacy Evolution Deluxe class RID15 Strongarm is getting a package refresh in Legacy United.
I mean, yeah, if you looked at the case assortment. Her refresh was also in last year's big retail listing, as well.

I'm waiting on a deal for the Evolution package, myself.
G2 Megatron wasn't the Siege mold, it was the Earthrise mold, Combat Hero was the Siege mold

:p

New images of the 2 pack, focusing more on Megatron. But new pics also show that Prime's left arm retains the WFC gamer gimmick. However, if you don't want to mess with that, Hasbro added 5mm ports so you can use Armor/Weaponizer/MixNMatch parts with him.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If someone wants to send me a spare Siege Megatron they have floating around, I haven't had a new Megatron besides the Core class version from Kingdom in quite some time...

...he said, tongue-in-cheek, as he's really not looking to seriously invest in anything besides SS Steeljaw and Legacy G1 OP at the moment.

Last edited:

Top Bottom