Transformers Legacy toyline

Platypus Prime

Citizen
What if two toy lines are revealed simultaneously? One consisting entirely of reissues of Optimus from various eras, Powermaster, Action Master, Double Pretender, etc, to celebrate the whole franchise history? The whole Power Of Optimus Prime would be the collector line. The kids line is a series of Combiner Wars repaints packed with new human partners, the Combining Robots And Pals line. And of course Japan would have to have their exclusive Takara Premium set.

I suppose we'll see during PulseCon. It'll all come out in the end.

(I gave up taking this seriously somewhere around the third War for Robots In Disguise of Cyberverse of BotBots or something...).

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Oh, I know - they're robots, they're in disguise... so it's some kind of Cyberverse!
But there’s a world of them, what about a Cyber..WORLD?!

To try and get back on track:
I’m probably going to preorder ASAP the few figures I want from United Wave 5. I don’t have a huge amount of faith of everything getting solid retail distribution early next year, not with the back end of movie stuff, and the release of ”Prime Theme” Wave 1. Probably only get Armada Wheeljack and Core Dinobot (if he is still coming), Ramjet will depend on budget.

Unless there is a big collector appeal to it, I don’t expect any mention of Cyberworld until Toy Fair next March.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
But there’s a world of them, what about a Cyber..WORLD?!

To try and get back on track:
I’m probably going to preorder ASAP the few figures I want from United Wave 5. I don’t have a huge amount of faith of everything getting solid retail distribution early next year, not with the back end of movie stuff, and the release of ”Prime Theme” Wave 1. Probably only get Armada Wheeljack and Core Dinobot (if he is still coming), Ramjet will depend on budget.

Unless there is a big collector appeal to it, I don’t expect any mention of Cyberworld until Toy Fair next March.
Cyberworld seems like a step down from Cyberverse.

Reminds me of Dr Who and how they'd attach Cyber to anything Cyberman-related, only cyber-dumber.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
So that’s it? We some kind of Transformers: Generations: Power of the Primes Part Two?
IMG_2796.jpeg

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
If the next round of Generations is going to have a focus on the Thirteen then honestly "Power of the Primes" or "Prime Wars" would have been perfect but they used both of those already.

How about...
Transformers: Primetime!

Everyone gets a discount on a Voyager class or above every time Deion Sanders' Colorado Buffalos lose to a ranked opponent!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I might be intrigued by "Transformers: The Covenant", or the Covenant of Primus Trilogy (Thirteen, Omega Point, Primus Unleashed).

Or, to continue the intergenerational vibe from Legacy and set up the Cybertron-based capsule, "Transformers: OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER."

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I remain eternally grateful that Marvel and Budiansky were involved right at the beginning. Granted, IP and C-suite culture wasn't yet what it would become, but it would've been very easy to just have someone go "they have names in Japan, right? Oh, just the car names? Take those and mix in whatever sounds robot-ish. We gotta get these on shelves."

Diaclones vs. Micro Men: Collect them all!

Battle Truck Man
Robovan
4-W-D
Walter The Walther
Laser Gun
RU A-car
Jeepdroid
Robotcop
Fire N. Gin
Robo Jet 1, 2, 3
CT-R
H.E.R.B.I.E the B.U.G.
Stratos (check if Lancia will allow it)
Stingray or Vette (check if GM will allow it)
Marvin
Vroom-vroom
Cyber...truck?
Meep Morp

...Damn, the more I try to come up with the more it sounds like even worse Go-Bots.

Last edited:

Top Bottom