Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Toyhax's latest update has an out-of-left-field set I had never thought of, but now find myself pretty strongly considering. They've made a set of stickers to turn Cyberverse Tarn from the Multipack into Stalker:

labels-for-lg-stalker.jpg

I don't really need two Tarns, so this is pretty tempting. The only thing that keeps me from jumping on it is that I've been hoping for a repaint/remold of Doubledealer. Hasbro has been putting out all the molds that they need to do a proper group of Predators (or even a whole European Market late-G1 subline!) and it really does feel like something the current design team would do.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's nice, and the mold is good-looking enough to wear any colors well. But if we're getting anything retooled into Stalker, I agree Doubledealer has to be it.

I REALLY wish they'd do a Pepsi Prime conversion set for Earthrise. It seems like a simple enough thing to paint, but not that simple.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It doesn't look bad in its own way but it's not a great Stalker. I barely know the late G1 dudes and even I know that.

It's far from the ideal Stalker, but as something to do with my extra Tarn, I'm tempted. In fact, maybe the fact that he's so far from being a 1:1 Stalker would let it just be a new Predator character should Hasbro ever do a real one.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If you don't like him as Stalker, you could always make him Go-Bots Soundwave:

View attachment 23565

:p

but THAT'S just making it worse!

No, I do actually kind of like the crazy mish-mash of things that this is. Gobots Soundwave mixed with Machine Wars Soundwave with hints of Prime Soundwave. Makes me kind of want an amalgam line, kind of like the concept of Legacy, but instead of characters being imported into a G1-adjacent universe and style, every version of a particular character is mixed into a single gestalt being.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No, I do actually kind of like the crazy mish-mash of things that this is. Gobots Soundwave mixed with Machine Wars Soundwave with hints of Prime Soundwave. Makes me kind of want an amalgam line, kind of like the concept of Legacy, but instead of characters being imported into a G1-adjacent universe and style, every version of a particular character is mixed into a single gestalt being.
So... Aligned? ;)

images (51).jpeg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"This reminds me of the time I put a Toyhax-stickered Encore G1 Cerebros in a TFSS Double Pretender Megatron shell and put a Battlemaster in the shell's hand. Made a G1 Siege Double Pretender Headmaster Targetmaster. Sad thing is, he only ever got an Associate's Degree..."

-this story goes on for the next two hours and has been cut for space-

"-so there wasn't any danger of the mayonnaise going bad at all, it's not like it was FOOD or something, and that's when..."

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I really want a full set of Stalkers. Which is kinda crazy. They have no media focus at all that I'm aware of (other than the jets sorta in JG1) and were never released in any form in the US aside from some repaints I never bought, and so I have absolutely no emotional attachment to them whatsoever. And yet, I really want to see them all come out now. The fact that they even implemented the linking mechanism with Skyquake, and yet still haven't followed up with the obviously-intended uses of those molds, is just crazy to me.

Top Bottom