What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
What if we got the marginalized people out before Texas secedes? I'm sure the GOP won't mind, other than not having anyone to blame for their poor governance.

Axaday

Citizen
Stuff like that is happening in the other 49 states too and without Texas, the GOP would have to make some giant changes or they'd never have power in the federal government.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Yea, and now that Texas is slowly inching towards being purple, even more so. Almost half the Texas population wants the Republicans out of power, that's a LOT of people for an independent Texas to persecute.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Our power grid sucks, but we've gotten pretty good at getting it back online quickly.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Given the history of congressional Republicans, there's a non-zero chance that Mike Johnson actually partakes in gay sodomy himself from time to time.

Axaday

Citizen

Not technically a perfect fit, but I believe this belongs here. Fox News is on trial for defaming Smartmatic, centrally consistent, unsubstantiated "reporting" of what Giuliani and Sidney Powell were saying. That Smartmatic changed votes from Republican to Democrat. Smartmatic is suing them because there is no evidence that they did that and a news organization has a responsibility to see if they can back up a story before making it their headline. That's how this works.

A judge had to spend some of his time rejecting an attempt by Fox' lawyers to subpoena records that they believe will prove that George Soros gave money to Smartmatic. He very well may have. But when you are on trial for defamation it is totally not ok to insinuate that getting money from George Soros is evidence of voter fraud. That's not how this works.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Back in 2016, conservative American Christians said they didn't really like Trump, and they were only voting for him to get Mike Pence into the White House.

Funny thing though: after Trump turned on Pence, they all stayed with Trump. Looks like they've been caught in yet another lie. Is there anything they won't lie about?
Newly minted Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson has reported since at least 2016 that neither he or his wife have a bank account or any investments whatsoever.

To say this seems shady would be a huge understatement. Corruption runs through this entire political party.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Newly minted Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson has reported since at least 2016 that neither he or his wife have a bank account or any investments whatsoever.

To say this seems shady would be a huge understatement. Corruption runs through this entire political party.
Welp, now I know which representative's house to rob when I eventually turn to a life of crime.

Axaday

Citizen
He has an awfully high salary for someone stuffing cash into the couch.

Last edited:

Axaday

Citizen
I expect it was really fulfilling for Eric and Don to be put in charge of the family business when Trump went to the White House. It must have really made them feel like somebodies. I'll bet it felt really bad to have to testify that they weren't paying attention to how the business was run when they were running it. That might even be the truth.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
"hire another lawyer" would involve PAYING for another lawyer. Trump doesn't pay the ones he has (unless you count exposure.), and is a well known enough fraud that even the crappy ones aren't biting.

Top Bottom