What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Axaday

Citizen
I hadn't been paying attention today and yesterday. I heard Jordan wasn't going to go for a third vote. But he did. And he lost and he says he's gonna keep playing until this machine hits.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I hadn't been paying attention today and yesterday. I heard Jordan wasn't going to go for a third vote. But he did. And he lost and he says he's gonna keep playing until this machine hits.
He lost by even more than the last time. He's losing support, not gaining it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
giphy.gif

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
the last good republican president was eisenhower
The last one to have good intentions, maybe, but Eisenhower has a lot to answer for and is frankly the best argument one can make for not letting former military people into the White House. He may have warned us of the rise of the military industrial complex, but when you look at how much wasteful spending he personally signed off on, in hindsight it feels more like a boast. Plus the interstate highway system that made us dependent on gas-guzzling cars and put the final nail in the coffin for passenger rail, something even ubercapitalist Ayn Rand lamented. (And since he greenlit it for national defense purposes, we can file that under "wasteful military spending" too.)

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Leticia James would disagree with that statement. Or maybe she used too many words when she told him no.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Actually it can, because over a fifth of them voted for that bill in both houses. A fifth of Republicans not only supported what it represents, but were concerned that it needed to be protected in case the opinion of the Supreme Court were to flip in the future. The majority of those Republicans had also chosen not to impeach a fascist who tried to take over the country by force. I still don't know what to make of that, but it's not insignificant data.

EDIT: I just realized you said "understated". I don't know what to make of that either.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The nominee wasn't going to win anyway. The point is gridlock the republicans will try to blame on democrats, but it's not working this time.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
All Dems have to do is keep saying, "You nitwits have the majority. So use it. Don't blame us if you can't figure it out. You're always welcome to vote for Hakeem Jeffries."
It would only take 6 republicans to get jeffries into the speaker chair. And the SECOND it happens, those 6 republicans have not only lost their jobs, they have opened themselves up to very real attacks from the cultists.

Republican ideology is completely unforgiving: there is to be NO collaboration with the enemy. They would rather shut down the government than compromise, and all they need to do is keep ******* around and it'll happen. This is the plan, this is what they want. They can't hide the truth from the 75% of the country that isn't in the cult, but they don't need to fool them, just need to fool the cultists.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
It would only take 6 republicans to get jeffries into the speaker chair. And the SECOND it happens, those 6 republicans have not only lost their jobs, they have opened themselves up to very real attacks from the cultists.
So we just need six Republicans to fall on their swords and become the next Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And get replaced by people who won't, just like they did, inevitably leading to this same problem in another two years.

Might as well rip the bandage off now instead.

Axaday

Citizen
It looks like this guy is going to get in. He has more votes already than Jordan ever got and so far no one voting for other candidates than Johnson and Jeffries.

Edit - He got to 217. I think the message got through to the GOP. No one cares about what you guys are putting your foot down on. Just get a freakin' speaker already.

Top Bottom