What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Republicans have made government ethics committees into a laughingstock by unapologetically ignoring every rule they have.

Trump refused to divest himself of his business assets, took millions in payments from foreign governments through those businesses while president, stole classified records and did who knows what with them, put his son-in-law in charge of Middle East peace, was a close friend of Jeffrey Epstein, and pardoned criminals who had direct connections to him. Clarence Thomas accepted millions of dollars in "gifts". There is a serious possibility that Matt Gaetz was involved in actual human trafficking.

And yet the only Democratic attack that's finding any traction is "these guys are weird". Attacks on their breathtaking and unprecedented corruption were relatively ineffective.

WTF.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Since the 80s we've been told that "Government is the problem". Over and over it's been hammered into the American psyche that the government is corrupt and ineffective. Telling people that government officials are corrupt and ineffective means nothing because its meeting expectations.
Yet another thing to thank Reagan for. The lowering of expectations.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
"Many pardons, master. I have to remind one of the small humans I own that talking to your gloriousness is more important to me than talking to it about something that brings it joy."

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Vance's daughter: "Why does my brother get to drink all of his chocolate milk?"
Vance: "Because your value drops a lot more if you get fat."

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Somebody should lecture McConnell about the proper functioning of mortality. Seriously, what evil did he form a pact with to still be alive.

Corvus

Citizen
Somebody should lecture McConnell about the proper functioning of mortality. Seriously, what evil did he form a pact with to still be alive.

For an answer to that immortal question, let's turn to the wisdom of comedian Lewis Black...

50143629.jpg

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Will? Pretty sure they already do.

Ironbite-god the fact that he reproduced scares me.
Frankly; I'm as surprised as you are.

And the hate I refer to can only come with the fullness of time and maturity. They might not like "daddy" now because he's being mean to them. In a few years it's "you were never there, you never participated, you never encouraged" and finally both seeing and understanding all the clips that are being saved forever more on the internet.

They're angry with him now, but later: they won't even go to his funeral.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Oh... that's going to backfire spectacularly. I mean, it'll be visible from orbit. Well done vance.

Top Bottom