G.I. Joe thread - 07/25/2024: Haslab Rattler, Road Pig, Raptor and more

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I didn't think it was worth a hundred either, but my nephew loved Megatron and Bee because the Joes could ride in them, so this is getting stashed for a birthday! He has a few G1 reissue cassettes, I never was able to find out if they'd fit, though supposedly MP Soundwave could use G1 tapes, and this one takes MP Ravage. We'll see.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Updated first post with the new preorders.
Also, via the Full Force Podcast we have a Night Force Falcon and Heartwrencher 2 Pack headed for Walmart. And info that our 60th Action Marine is a female Sniper. Chris's info is usually spot on. Will still put in rumors for now.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Newest Retro wave is up! Get Cobra Commander before he sells out!

I got my order in for a Retro CC and 88 Storm Shadow.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Preorders went up today for the Pulse exclusive Marauders 2 pack and the Fan Channel Marauders Sgt. Slaughter as well as the Stinger.

Hasbro held an unboxing of the Stinger and slipped in special preview:
Nemesis Immortal! He looks GORGEOUS. And the special packaging points to an Event release (SDCC or Pulsecon).

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
The first offerings of Super7’s O-ring line, dubbed “Reaction+”, has been revealed with prototype images from The Full Force podcast. I’m linking to the Hisstank thread featuring mirror images for those who don’t want to go to X.

More concise images from Toy News International

First wave is Cartoon styled Cobra Commander and blond Covergirl with comic colored Snake Eyes (v2!) and BAT (blue). Also on deck is a Crimson Twins 2 pack featuring them in business suits. No half hearted reuse either, these are all new sculpts.
The obvious concession with the increased articulation (and accessories, it seems) is a smaller wave assortment. We’ll see where the price ends up.

I’m in love with these. They are needling the same brain tissue as stuff like MOTU Origins and some of the modern Generations figures. And by not remaking the old molds, it keeps the “originals” valuable, but it gives us an accessible representation of these classic characters in a classic format styled “like we remember” (which for MANY of us, was the cartoon). I mean, hell, Cobra Commander and Covergirl come with proper cartoon weapons!

My hope is that these are successful enough to see a few vehicles. If Super7 were to leverage the original toys’ “easy model builder” design, we could get some nice stuff, especially leaning into the cleaner cartoon look.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
So how overpriced are these going to be?
LAST I HEARD it was said these would be retailing for the same as other ReAction figures (so, $20). My cynical side is saying closer to $25.

I view them tolerable at $25, a solid value at $20 given the current state of retail (the closest analogy to Reaction+ would be Vintage Collection, which retail for about $17), especially considering the materials cost and lower production run.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Revealed SDCC figure: Once A Man Cobra Commander

Dake

Citizen
Also Hiya Toys is adding to their dream line (as in - it's a dream that these will ever ship).

449202277_1053725393423829_1670321585591128669_n.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Hiya does some good stuff (and I still think it’s fascinating to see some of these “pre-fan complaints” Classified decos)…but I think I’ll stick with the nostalgia needle that is Super7’s ReAction+. I fully expect Dusty to be an offering within the first year- between cartoon, comic and Tiger Force, there’s some solid reuse for the mold. Same with guys like Flint.

Dake

Citizen
Oh yeah - I have their Black Canary and Harley figures and they're excellent. But after SE/SS, they are at Diamond Select levels of delay on the rest of the Joe stuff.

Blot

Citizen
Revealed SDCC figure: Once A Man Cobra Commander

It's kind of impressive that for as much as I scoff at Dead Optimus Primes and whatnot, "Once A Man" Cobra Commander is a complete "I MUST preorder this no matter what" it's not even funny.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
It's a pretty great figure and a perfect SDCC toy.
And it’s nice to see the Joe team continue to actually acknowledge the cartoon (and especially movie) in a meaningful way after so many decades of the Hama comic being held as the holy scripture for the brand.

And wacky snake man is just more interesting than “Optimus Prime repaint in grey”.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Now they have half the parts needed for a "Operation: Dragonfire" Cobra Commander.
DUUUUUDE.
All we need are Scoop and v2 Stalker to “check off” most of the ODF key cast that aren’t core characters that get remade all the time.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Looks like the Dragonfly was delayed until December. Bit of a bummer. But they said in the unboxing video it was gonna be delayed, so not a surprise.

Top Bottom