G.I. Joe thread - 07/25/2024: Haslab Rattler, Road Pig, Raptor and more

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
So are there any plans to offer the Classified "Once a Man" set on Pulse at some point? I keep seeing email reminders from them about getting the SDCC stuff, but this is nowhere to be found.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So are there any plans to offer the Classified "Once a Man" set on Pulse at some point? I keep seeing email reminders from them about getting the SDCC stuff, but this is nowhere to be found.
I would assume so. They still haven’t posted the Fractured Friendship two pack, either.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Well that was fast. Couldn't snag Cobra Commander, despite logging in within minutes. :( Oh well, at least I can rest easily knowing that I didn't deprive anyone of their 5.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Wow so even Premium sold out that quickly?! Im sitting here with my regular ass account refreshing furiously.

I dont understand why they allow up to 5 to be bought at a single time. Its shit like that why I couldnt get a Ferret either. Im seriously considering dropping the line. It shouldnt be this hard to just buy a toy.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yep. Got the email at 1:06pm, logged in by 1:08pm and he was gone. Tried to get Death's Head but he sold out while I was in check out. Seriously, would it kill them to keep these things like 1 -2 per customer, max, so they don't become instant eBay exclusives?

Blot

Citizen
I've heard stories that Cobra Commander sold out in anywhere from two to five minutes.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
One of the reasons I'm a bit worried about DinoKing. But it probably won't be nearly as limited as a Comic Con set that already sold a lot of its stock AT the con. We'll see.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yes, I'm hoping that DinoKing will be a bit easier to obtain (can you please give us a fighting chance, Hasbro?! :D )

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Both Deaths Head and Cobra Commander are showing as going up for Pre-Order tomorrow (tuesday) at 11am Eastern.

EDIT: updated time. Something really funky seems to be going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Welp, I got a little closer this time: had Cobra Commander in my cart, was asked 4 times to verify my payment, and by the time I made it to the confirmation phase, my "shopping cart cannot be ordered since one or more of the products in your cart are not available in the requested quantity. Please check availability for each product."

Furthermore, it was still "limited" to 5 per customer. Cool!

Blot

Citizen
Today was round 2 and it was another "hope you got your Cobra Commander order placed in under five minutes" because he's sold out already, all over again.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Sorry guys. I lucked out and got my one. They had entirely removed him and Desths head's landing pages from the site itself and they didnt pop back up til 11:01.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I am fully convinced that I would have my 1 (ONE!) figure if I had not gone through their stupid games at check out. Like, I have a payment method on file. It's the one I use each and very time. Nice job, Hasbro! Kudos!

Oh well, good for those few who managed to get one. I'm officially writing this figure off now, since he is lost to eBay, and I am not willing to shell out anything over the original retail price.

Blot

Citizen
I very nearly lost it myself (and had the other day in fact) off the site having this bizarre keeping of every address I ever put in prior, including times I typoed my phone number. And then when I fixed that, it wanted a 1 in front of the number on top of that. I never had this rigamarole in the old design... so now that it's behind me I've gone and deleted every address but one in there (and no, I don't know why it felt I should have 6+ different listings for what is effectively the same one address.)

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I wrote to their customer service, FWIW. Sent a screenshot of the item in my cart, and the page asking to verify payment info. It is still technically listed as being in my cart, and I am not removing it. They can choose to honor it or they can remove it themselves. But this whole 2-day long experience has completely soured me on (a) their shitty website and (b) the shitty manner in which these exclusives were rolled out.

Top Bottom