G.I. Joe thread - 07/25/2024: Haslab Rattler, Road Pig, Raptor and more

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think I can tolerate that solid Quarrel to get not only a great Falcon, but one with a superior headsculpt AND the proper shotgun. I'm still not entirely sure if it is a new headsculpt...or just a vastly better deco job.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I got myself a Big Boa. Is his face suppose to be a homage to Rocky Sylvester Stallone?

Also is it possible to take the spiked harness off? There's no breaks on the plastic at all. Like, do you have to pull the shoulders out to get it off?
20240722_012721.jpg

TriBlurr

Citizen
I got myself a Big Boa. Is his face suppose to be a homage to Rocky Sylvester Stallone?

Also is it possible to take the spiked harness off? There's no breaks on the plastic at all. Like, do you have to pull the shoulders out to get it off?
View attachment 22453

Probably a loose homage since he was originally supposed to be the Cobra Counterpart to the Cancelled Rocky Balboa Joe.

And yeah, you're probably going to need to pop the arms off to remove the harnesses without cutting it off.

Dake

Citizen
The best part was not only was he removed, but Order of Battle 3 basically said, "This never happened, forget you saw this." 🤣

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Hasbro has Walmart Collector Con items for preorder.

Went ahead and got my Night Force set. I have ZERO interest in Quarrel (well, aside from just being a nice figure), so I might be able to trade off the extras from the set.

Now watch Hasbro reveal a Sonic Fighters Falcon, with the improved head deco, which trips ALL my nostalgia triggers…

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Classified Raptor pics are in the wild. Made him a bit like Cobra's version of MCU Vulture with VTOL wings rather than just the wing cape. Still looks a bit village people like but actually looks threatening too now.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
ACGHK (Hong Kong Comic-con?) had some new stuff out that we'll see later today:
Raptor
60th Halo Jumper
Steel Brigade variant (A nod to the 92 version?)
Infared (Crimson Guard mismash, from Hasbro/DDP's Plague Troopers concept)

TriBlurr

Citizen
So just a recap of today's Reveals.

Haslab

Cobra Rattler Haslab with Wild Weasel
- $325 US 9000 Backers
- Tier 1: Cobra Flight Patches (for your jacket)
- Tier 2: Rattler Gunner Figure
- Tier 3: Pilot Baroness Figure

Render Reveals:

Leatherneck
Zandar
Cobra Claw with Pilot

Preorders (live tomorrow)

Raptor with Sergent Ledger
Road Pig with Rawkus
60th Action Marine: Sniper
60th Action Pilot: HALO Jumper
Steel Corps Commander VS Shadow Guard 2 Pack

Pulsecon Exclusive

Starduster

Transformers Collab (July 30th Preorder)

Triple T Kup with O-ring Sergent Slaughter and Leatherneck

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

"All that time that you've been waiting, we've been working troubleshooting, making sure this thing's as perfect as possible. We don't want you guys to have the QA issues..."

Should add "because we're not going to do anything if you do."

electricidad

Citizen
That is a handsome vehicle. I’m glad to see it funded right away.

Pre-ordered Raptor and Road Pig from Nerdzoic. Ordered Night Force Falcon from Walmart yesterday with no problem.

That might be all I snap up from this SDCC season of pre-orders. With a kid getting married next year, it’s hard to be throwing Rattler-sized dollars around.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Rattler just crossed the 9000 Backers mark. So Funded in what? 19 hours?
giphy.gif

That might be all I snap up from this SDCC season of pre-orders. With a kid getting married next year, it’s hard to be throwing Rattler-sized dollars around.
Especially with Pulsecon and Toy Fair in September offering all the preorders for early next year….

Some observations about the 40th Sets-
The first two sets really didn’t click with me to particular characters, Hasbro kept them fairly generic. But these newest sets kind of jive with a couple of characters options to me.
Action Marine Sniper, being a female, reminds me a bit of Retaliation Lady Jaye. But the darker skinned parts remind me of Shooter. Might be a good chance to get a “plus’ed out” Shooter instead of hunting for the Walmart exclusive. The light skinned versions evoke a bit of Mayday (DDP), who I think is VERY low on the “get a figure” list.
The Action Pilot HALO Jumper is probably the best Ripcord you could ask for. Sure, we got A Ripcord with the Dragonfly (and it will probably be modified and released as regular release next year), but I don’t see a “GI joe Ripcord” getting the loadout this one does.

Top Bottom