Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The Indigo Disk WILL release on December 14!

Well, with the release of the Indigo Disk DLC right around the corner, I think now’s as good a time as any to try and review what we hope the DLC will address story-wise and what might need to be wrapped up. Depending on how much is actually plot and how much is just random stuff Gamefreak never plans to follow up on.

Spoilers for the end of the main game and the Teal Mask DLC below.
First, and most obvioiusly…Kieran. I think we’re all expecting this story to have a lot of carry over into the next DLC. I don’t think I have to say much more about that. But, it might also tie in with…

The Pokemon that “corrupted” the Lousy Trio. If you read the mission descriptions during the Teal Mask, then you know that these three Pokemon were actually smaller, weaker Pokemon that made a deal with…something else in order to become the Legendaries that they are now. And when Kieran starts to act like he has a “headache”, you can hear what almost sounds like a Pokemon’s cry in the background music. And if you look at Peachy’s shop (the only place you can buy anything in Kitakami), you’ll notice that she has a small purple…thing that you can actually interact with, calling it a “dusty old object”. A lot of people are thinking this is going to be a Poison Peach Pokemon, as a dark twist on Momotaro, the story which the Lousy Trio are based on. Plus, I feel like the third memorial is actually talking about THIS Pokemon when they talked about a shadowy figure that people had to wear masks around. I made sure to buy ALL the masks in the game, just because this might actually be a mechanic in the second DLC (Plus, I just kind of like the Sentai style masks). So, we might just be able to meet and catch this Pokemon in the next DLC. And I have to wonder if this Poison Peach Pokemon also has ties to…

The truth behind the story of the Ruinous Quartet. There’s something that just doesn’t sit right to me about the story as we know it about these four Pokemon. I’m still thinking that a different Pokemon was actually responsible for the crimes they were accused of and they were framed…OR it’s possible they were ALSO corrupted by this Poison Peach Pokemon. Hopefully, we get some answers in the DLC. (Sidenote: The Ruinous Pokemon’s story kind of parallels the story of Tamamo no Mae, a kitsune who supposedly poisoned a emperor and then ran away. So…maybe there’s some other fox-like Pokemon at play in the Ruinous Quartet’s story?)

And there’s also the truth about what Paradox Pokemon even are. I know a lot of people think that the Area Zero Machine is actually a wish granting machine creating these Pokemon from people’s dreams…but I don’t think that fits. We’ve all seen the sketches of Walking Wake or Iron Thorns and they don’t really match the reality of what we got. So, why would a wish-granting machine NOT create a perfect copy of what the person wished for? Personally, I think this is more like a Google reverse-image search. This machine is actually searching the multiverse for a Pokemon that’s as CLOSE as it can get to what the “wisher” is looking for, and then brings it through the portal. I think Paradoxes are basically just alternate reality Pokemon, and this all ties back to the larger Multiverse storyline that Pokemon has been building up for Generations. But, we’ll have to see.

And what all these logo symbols mean. Just lay it all out for us like we’re dumb. We have 8 symbols on these logos that are still pretty mysterious in their meaning. My best guess for the original four are that they’re symbols for the Ancient Paldean Empire which grew Herba Mystica and the “Future” Empire that helped create the “Time machine” and Terastalization technology. Of the new ones for the Treasures of Area Zero DLC, two seems to be a symbol for Oni Mountain and the Crystal Pool in Kitakami. And the other two look like the Blueberry Academy logo and Terapagos. But I want to know what ALL these mysterious symbols we’ve been seeing various places mean. And if there’s some greater connection and reason for their creation.

scarletviolet_dlc_logos_en.png

The Fate of Robo Sada/Turo and where the REAL Sada/Turo went and what’s going on with the OTHER Sada/Turo. Okay, so…this is difficult to talk about given how the version exclusives work. But, I wonder if we’ll actually get to see where Robo Sada/Turo went by the end of the story. They might be dead, but I’m not sure. Then, I wonder about the fate of the REAL version of Sada/Turo. They MIGHT just be dead, but they might have survived going through the portal. I’m not sure. And then I’m not sure if they’ll EVER do anything with Arven’s OTHER parent, the one who left before everything happened in Area Zero. They should still be alive, but I’m not sure if we’ll see the OTHER version’s Sada/Turo in each other’s game or not. But, it’s a possibility. This was confusing to write.

Oh, and obviously again…Terapagos. But, I’m thinking that this Pokemon will likely be positioned as the Peach’s opposite, probably. Terapagos will probably have the power to snap Pokemon and people out of the Peach’s manipulations.

There’s also a few characters who we still need to get their stories resolved from the main game and from various backstories. And I’m guessing once the doors to the Treasure of Area Zero open up, there’s going to be a huge race to claim it with a bunch of characters throwing their hats into the ring. A great race to the bottom! These may include some tidbits for:

Raifort. Her story about seeking out the Ruinous Pokemon for…some purpose still hasn’t really been resolved. I kind of wonder if she’ll either show up in Area Zero to inact some plan…or if she’ll be in charge of however we’re probably going to be catching past Legendaries in this game. Either way, I don’t think her part in the story has even really started yet.

Briar. Yeah, somethings going to happen with this new teacher from Blueberry Academy. Her black and red eyes are so freaky. And trying to spread the Terastral phenonenom around is suspicious. And her desire to find out what her ancestor knew about Paradoxes seems like something the Poion Peache Pokemon might take advantage of. I wonder if she’ll end up being manipulated like it seems like Kieran is?

Geeta. We really don’t know anything about her. And she ‘s always acted…strange. Again, I feel like this is another person who might be going with us back to Area Zero to race us for the Treasure. And the Pokemon Test you have to take before you can face the Elite Four feels like to me…that she’s trying to screen out people who aren’t from this dimension. That these questions are designed to make sure that the Player is actually the Player and not a Faller from another dimension. So, maybe she’s the person who will end up explaining what Paradoxes actually are?

Jacq. There’s something a little TOO nice about this guy. If ANYONE turns out to be a secret villain in this cast, it’s probably going to be him. Black and white hair, glasses, and being a little TOO nice with nothing else going on….I just have a feeling he’s gonna pull a Aizen from Bleach.

The Writer behind the Occulture Magazines. I wonder if we’ll get a reveal about who wrote these? It’s possible it’s just Briar’s family, trying to spread word about the “truth” as they think it is. But, whoever it is, they seem to at least be fans of the Scarlet/Violet Book, even if they’re making everything else up. Maybe it’s someone we know? A reveal would be neat, is all I’m saying. Not sure if we should expect one or not.

Professor Tyme and Gym Leader Ryme. I kind of just want to see the two sisters interact with each other. I think it’d be a funny scene.

Perrin. I REALLY hope we get another sidequest with her, somehow. The Pokemon Snap style sidequest was kind of fun in Kitakami. Again, I wonder if she’ll end up in Area Zero with us at the endgame.

The Ancient Paldean Emperor. Again, I think the Ruinous Quartet need their backstory fleshed out. And in the process we MIGHT just get more information on this guy. Or…with the “time travel” going on, it’s possible he’s not even dead.

The “Future” Paldean Empire. I don’t think this is even confirmed. But, someone or something sent back that engraving made of “future metal” with the Hourglass symbol on it down in Area Zero. Personally, I’m wondering if the “Past” and “Future” Empires were actually trading Pokemon with each other. Trading “Ancient” Paradoxes for “Future” Paradoxes. (Maybe “our” dimension was neutral ground where emissaries from other dimensions could meet?) But, I’m not really sure where they’re going with this, if anywhere at all.

Ogerpon’s Friend. We know SO little about this guy, that I’m kind of expecting him to end up being SOMEONE we already know. Part of me is wondering if he’ll actually turn out to be a time travelling Robo Sada/Turo. Maybe he’s a “redeemed” Paldean Emperor. But, I really don’t know. I’m just expecting some twist or reveal with this. This is a crazy idea but…what if it’s Volo from Legends Arceus? That would explain the Hisui connections in Kitakami. And it kind of feels right for his character.

The Merchant who sold the Ruinous Quartet to the Ancient Paldean Emperor. Again, we know nothing about this guy…and, again, I wonder if this could be Volo from Legends Arceus. A “trickster” merchant? Who used Pokemon as part of a possible secret plot to undermine a government? Yeah…that sounds like Volo’s MO. So the Ruinous Merchant and Ogerpon’s Friend MIGHT be the same guy.

Billy and O’Nare. They never outright SAY that they’re Nemona’s parents or sister, but it’s pretty easy to guess who they actually are. And given how interested they were in Area Zero, they might show up again as a little bit of comic relief. Plus…it’d just be fun to see Nemona meet back up with her parents. And seeing Arven and Penny’s reaction to her parents, too.

The Team Star Captains. I just want a excuse to see these guys again. They kind of grew on me.

Robo Sada/Turo or perhaps the REAL “Dead” Sada/Turo or maybe even the OTHER Sada/Turo. Look, it’d just be nice for Arven to either get a reveal that the robot he THOUGHT was his parent is still around, or that his actual dead parent isn’t actually dead, or that the parent who just walked out on him came back for him.

And some outliers who probably WON’T show up, but it’d be kind of neat if they did:

Looker. It’s been a while since we’ve seen Looker, period. Not since Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. And I really don’t know if Gamefreak has basically “retired” him or what. But, if he WAS going to show up again, this would be a surprising place to do it in. Maybe it could even be a tease of something for Gen 10. Anyway, it’d just be nice to see him again.

Rainbow Rocket Giovanni. I just wonder what he’s been up to? Plus, if the Paradoxes actually ARE from alternate realities like I think they are, him showing up as a twist would be kind of neat.

AZ. A lot of people have noted that Area Zero…shares the same initials as AZ. There are some people who even think that the Great Crater is where the Ultimate Weapon’s laser fell and destroyed the rival kingdom. The timeline doesn’t QUITE fit that, since the Great Crater was formed 1 million years ago and the Kalos Ultimate Weapon was fired only 3000 years ago…but if these ARE alternate realities, that wouldn’t really matter. So, we’ll see if there’s any actual connection between AZ and Area Zero.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Have a code for a free Dragapult! The code is:
LA1CPHANT0M4CE

It only lasts until November 20, so get it while you can!

wentwood

Citizen
All episodes Journeys - present will be watched on Pokemon TV after I finish Series XXIII Journeys on DVD.

I will be about 2 years behind Netflix.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Indigo League - Ultra Legends

I own these on DVD.

When you watch the episodes in a DVD player these are full screen rather than pillar boxed format.

The ones I mean are Indigo League - mid Diamond And Pearl Series II before the change to 16:9 picture format.

So I watch these episodes on DVD.

Journeys

On DVD the A Netflix Original Series bumper has been removed but you see the bumper on Pokemon TV.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
JOLTIK AND GALVANTULA AND JOLTIK AND GALVANTULA AND JOLTIK AND GALVANTULA AND JOLTIK AND GALV

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oooh, we're going to go even deeper into Area Zero. I expected that, but I'm glad we really are.

That Crystal Tree is going to be important, somehow. Given how Glimmora kind of looks like "flowers" and the hints of a "Peach Boy" Trio master for the Lousy 3, I'm guessing that's a Peach Tree.

Why am I such a sucker for any Pokemon song that has "whoa"'s in it? It just works EVERY TIME for me.

The Synchro Machine is a interesting surprise. Not sure if we're ONLY going to be able to use Pika-clones with it or if we can use ANY Pokemon. I'm not expecting much from this right now. BUT, this could mean good things for a potential new Mystery Dungeon game or something.

My hopes of getting some dialogue between Rhyme and Tyme MIGHT just come true! Since you seem to be able to invite two characters over and have them interact with each other.

Past Legendaries in the OVERWORLD! For the first time since...maybe ever actually? The 3D games have usually stuck them behind some random thing, like Hoopa Rings or Ultra Space or Dynamax Adventures. They don't usually let them just be on the overworld map. Hopefully, these treats aren't SUPER annoying to get.

And we get to FLY! I don't know if it'll be THAT useful this late into the game, but it's just nice to have, I guess. You'll probably break the game even harder with it, I'm sure.

You know, they really used the purple underside of Kieran's hair really well. If I wasn't LOOKING for Kieran, I might not have noticed that was him.

Geeta is HERE! Hopefully, we learn SOMETHING about her!

And...a orange-haired girl? Who?

You know, they're emphasizing Ogerpon's Masks. And given that one sign in Kitakami talking about wearing masks to stop being influenced, I DO wonder if that's actually going to come into play. Maybe using Ogerpon is going to be mandatory.

No reveals for the other 2 Paradoxes who probably exist. That's a shame. I really want to know what Past Entei and Future Terrakion look like, if they even exist.

Are they hinting that we're getting a chance to catch the OTHER version's Box Legendary in Area Zero? It wouldn't surprise me, but it'd be nice.

Free Shiny Lucario is VERY nice. I have to wonder why, though? A partner Pokemon of Heath, the original explorer of Area Zero, maybe?

Last edited:

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Gotta admit, I halfheartedly played the DLC for a couple days and then completely forgot it existed. BG3 is just taking over my life.
So thanks to TMM posting those codes, I decided 'what the hell, I'll do a little bit more of the DLC'. Turns out a little bit more is all I had left. Two masks, trainer fight, legendary capture, another trainer fight and done! I'm still only half here for Pokemon. It's just not keeping my interest like it used to. But like I said before, I preordered the DLC at a time when I was still interested. So I guess now I'm ready for Part two of the DLC t come in 3 days.

Edit:
Ever come back to a game and wonder "what the hell is all this crap in my boxes? Do I need all these pokemon?" I mean, these are my shinies, these are my level 100's. But whats with all this other crap? Is there a reason I have all this crap? Where did this crap come from?

But you're still hesitant to set all this crap free because in the back of your mind you're thinking that there must be a reason you're holding on to all this. But...why?

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I don't pay much attention to what's in the boxes unless I'm looking for something. But in my Home boxes ....I mean, yeah, there's the full live dex (well, almost full, I'm still missing a Melmetal), there's regional variants, shiny, Unown and Vivillon boxes. Another for extra legendary mons I keep around for trade fodder, and a couple boxes of Nuzlocke survivors. And then there's four or five boxes of random stuff that I mostly just forget to clear out.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I tend to just throw all my random 'mon into Home just to earn more points.

...I never actually USE those points, but at least those random Pokemon are doing something for me, sort of.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Wait...you get points for putting mon into Home? I thought it was just storage space. What can you get with these points?

*so much lost potential*

I just set all the crap free!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The final episode of Paldean Winds is also out!

And along with that a code for...a Gimmighoul. Not the most exciting Pokemon at this point, but hey, it's free. Use the code:
SEEY0U1NPALDEA

Also, don't forget to use Mystery Gift on the Internet setting to get a free Master Ball. No code required.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Well, I have the DLC with Violet. So I'm sure there's going to be some legendaries or mythicals I can choose to use the masterball on. But Scarlet is just the vanilla game and I've already caught everything there is to catchthere.So, I don't know. I guess maybe I'll use it for a Magikarp.

Top Bottom