Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I just think their designer is a hack who skates by because they do characters nobody else is doing at the MP scale where people have more money than sense. I still don’t know how they’re still around after their absolutely horrid monsterbots and diaper-wearing Ginrai with no thighs.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The worst have to be the genuine cultists currently preordering FansToy's Devastator. Come on, now.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I dunno, it’s not wise per se since they essentially have no track record aside from maybe their shoddy Omega Supreme, but Devastator is essentially just six smaller toys.

It’s the zealots who think they’re actually making Fort Max that get me. Even if it does get made, this is the company that charges $200 for minibots and $250 $300 for the head. How much you think they’ll want for a toy the size of a small person?

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
No chance. FT price gouges like a muther and that other company with the similarly sized Metroplex charged $1500 but that thing actually looks to be on track to release next year.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just can't imagine preordering Devastator while still not having a complete Menasor, the easiest combiner of them all.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
There are people with their Blitzwing still on preorder. That thing’s preorders started in 2016 and only had rough 3D renders at that time. Transbots and DX9 have since announced, released and reissued their MP Blitzwings for the Hasui style. FT released new renders and a price bump in 2020 IIRC. A brand-new 3P announced and released their toon-style MP Blitzwing last year. crickets from FT.

If these people hold on to preorders old enough to lose teeth and enroll in elementary, they’re beyond hope.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'm honestly nearly at the point where I wish all the 3P companies would just go bust.

Not because I'm opposed to the existence of unofficial toys or think that they're somehow cutting into Hasbro's profits (not like I'd give a shit if they were, what do you think I am? Someone with stock in Hasbro?) but just because I find the obsessed fans of them so ******* annoying lol.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I can’t stand the Fanstoys crowd. Their toys are generally mediocre and overrated but the company’s business practices are what really piss me off.

The irony of saying this about gray market companies is not lost on me.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
MMC was the only real shot and by their own admission basically bankrupted their IDW operation on stupid shit. Now they’re stuck being another G1 Mp company, doing repaints of their Optimus mold and trying to get sued by DC comics.

Iron Factory used to do IDW but couple years ago shifted to whatever. Unless it’s a random samurai G1 dude or cosplay anime girl, don’t count on it.

IDW1 not getting officially released in China slowed things down when it was relevant and then the reboot sealed the deal.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Does Iron Factory actually make anything anymore, or do they just announce things?

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They released the “”“samurai””” Inferno a while back so they’re still around. I remember because it was just normal G1 Inferno but they gave him funky crotch armor.

Last edited:

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
China not being into all the gay stuff... has cost me a Nautica ... sigh, I had my suspicions. well better put my hopes into legacy 5 electric boogalive

Top Bottom