Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
As much as I don't mind all the devestators having "additional parts" to make the combined mode ... I think once you get to the scramble city Gestalts it kinda ruins the idea of combiners.

but on the other hand, it's kind of dependent on what you're going for... if you're making a 'toy' Devi... sure, do add on parts out the ass with him. But say for example the upcoming Studio '86 versions ... I want them to be all in... Scrapper bends over and kicks his feet up and then suddenly a thigh is there too... type shit.

but this 3p Computron ... it just looks odd with those big smooth thighs when everything else has an entire tf's worth of gribbles on them....

I'll have to see the finished product of course... my mind is leaning towards pass though at the moment

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These companies can't even make a Liokaiser without a pile of extra parts. They are not even trying.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Iron Factory’s combiners are a joke. At least New Age and Magic Square are painted into a corner by G1 cartoon inconsistency. These fools come up with a mostly original design and somehow partsform more than the toys trying to emulate the G1 cartoon’s ridiculous changing scale. In general, the acceptance of combiners where 75% of the combiner is just giant body parts is the worst thing to hit the 3P scene since the shift to mostly MP.

Last edited:

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
yeah... the fact that with all the devis that have been made, I still have my Green Giant on display is proof enough something's been lost in the 3p market

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think the saddest sign of it all is that Hulkie and Newage's Devastator supposedly have the same designer. The man had a dream once, but at some point he completely gave up on it.

Help us, MMC. You're our only hope.

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
the weirdest part about my taste in combiners is that I'm a fiction guy more than I am a toy guy... and that leads to problems Like I want two different things out of Bruticus and Ruination.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 19-44-05 Hot Shot Deluxe (Transformers Energon Hasbro) Complete Bitz ...png

hmmm

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There has to be a story behind these things. Like somebody somehow gets required to put their stuff up for sale, but nobody said they have to be successful, so they come up with a price that they know will fail.

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
yeah that's the only thing I can ever think of.... like some guy's on the verge of a divorce/ breakup - or its an estate sale done by somebody completely in the dark about 'value' in this hobby

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
It's pretty clearly them ******* up and accidentally putting a placeholder price instead of the actual price because this is from that toy store I'd go to back when I lived in South Florida and all of their other Transformer prices are like...normal.

Honestly I was about to say 'except for Punch/Counterpunch why the **** is he $65' and I looked online and oh no people are selling that mold (the POTP mold, not the G1 mold) for like $60-$70 and it seems to sell for around that much too, so even that isn't overpriced.

Seriously though I kinda miss Bitz & Buttons. Not fully because like I can just order from them online and can get stuff shipped from down there to where I live now once I start getting payments from the trust but also I miss going in-person because they'd often have things that they didn't have listed on their website available for sale at the actual store.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
It's not Transformers related but, just out of curiosity, I wanted to see what other items (if any) did they obviously put the placeholder price when they actually put the item up for sale online.

They put a copy of Super Mario 64 for $99,999,999,999.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They also managed to make the alt mode even worse than the original. How are they so bad at this?

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
the worst thing about this Wingsaber design is that it is based around energon Optimus. What I would do if I was Hasbro, would be to forget about Energon Prime and just make this version of Wingsaber be the one that combines with the new Cybertron optimus

<_< ah hell they'll just remold the Siege Magnus mold again to be energon Prime - why was I even fooling myself

Top Bottom