Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No surprise. I don't know what the shows are like, but the Sentai mechs in recent years have not been great.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They’re basically all Red Ranger’s mecha forming everything but with the other ranger mechs forming arms if anything. Just terrible.

The ranger suits also look like crap.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Bandai is gigantic and inefficient. If they didn’t have the gundam, Kamen Rider, Sentai and Precure money, they’d go under from the sheer amount of wasted money.
They announce and then never produce plenty of Gundam kits, too. Gundam Age fans are still salty about the Age 3 Master Grade that was shown as a full grey prototype about a decade ago and never happened. Especially since most of the tooling would've come from the Age 1 and 2 that did get released, so more than half the work's already done.

It's a weird and annoying habit with Bandai. If they show something and then decide it didn't get enough buzz, they just won't bother, even if it's pretty much ready to go.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I think I heard of something like that. Was mainly going off what I personally know, which is the SRC line. IIRC, they killed the entire D-Arts Digimon line early and made a Godzilla kaiju (forgot which, I think it was a Ghidorah?) that was never oficially revealed but was completed before it got cancelled, so a knockoff factory eventually got their hands on the molds and made it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Most disappointing thing to me as a Sentai fan is the Boonboomger toyline going back to the Sentai standard of 'the DX mecha toy only has shoulder articulation' thing after the previous two seasons had actually articulated mecha toys.

I do kind of get why they went back to the old 'shoulder swivels' only thing because from what I've read (I never got any of the Donbrothers or King-Ohger DX toys), while having an articulated Sentai mecha toy was cool and all when all you just have the standard base combined mecha, the fact that modern Sentai just loves piling on more and more auxilary mechs and the final combination will just be like a bunch of mecha combined together into a complete clusterfuck of a design means that all of that articulation is rendered pretty much useless. (And apparently the King-Ohger mecha suffered from stability issues, even when you just had the main team and that was it, because of its design while the Donbrothers mecha was fine until you got to the final combination)

It still sucks tho, like yeah you can get the Minipla if you want a representation of the mecha with articulation, but I kind of hope Bandai either:
A. Figures out a way to give us an articulated DX mecha toy that won't suffer from stability issues once you got all the crap stuck on it

B. Maybe tone down the number of mecha you need to stick on the damn figure for the final combination instead?

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I think the main team Megazord combining with the 6th ranger zord is the sweet spot. That may just be the result of me growing up on Jetman before I even heard of MMPR though.

Great Icarus is damn awesome.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
If you gotta have auxiliary mecha, there's really no reason to have more than like 10 total

And I mean '10 total mecha including the main teams individual mecha, the sixth ranger's mecha, and any auxiliary ones', not having 10 auxiliary mecha

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's possible to build another whole robot out of auxiliary mecha, and combine with that without it turning into an unmitigated clusterhug. See Might Gaine.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
why the **** are we talking about sentai in the transformers thread, check out real windblade

https_______mmbiz.qpic.jpeg

(she's a meet and greet character at universal studios beijing lol)

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
If you gotta have auxiliary mecha, there's really no reason to have more than like 10 total

And I mean '10 total mecha including the main teams individual mecha, the sixth ranger's mecha, and any auxiliary ones', not having 10 auxiliary mecha
Yeah there is....

Bandai needs more o' yo money!
giphy.gif

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They actually should That was one of the more charming Sentai mechs in recent years. It's bad, but it's a fun bad.

Top Bottom