Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very nice! Thanks for the info @unluckiness. Mine happened to have an okay fit but I know several people had issues with this. I've had Tidal Wave in combined ship mode for a week now. I'm having so much fun just flying him around the house. Plus, with my display room in complete renovation mode right now, I don't really have a home for him yet in there.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Going for gold with my two latest pick ups
100_4905.JPG

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Ah...of course it'd be the one version of Sentinel I didn't check on the wiki, because I forgot about continuity clusterfucks.
He's a weird design. A good one don't get me wrong, but weird when you look at who he's supposed to be and who he pulls from design-wise.

The Wiki considers him the same character as Bayverse Sentinel Prime, despite sharing almost no design elements with him (if I was being charitable his shield blade thing KINDA invokes DotM Sentinel's shield but that feels like a stretch).

Meanwhile his colours harken to Aligned Sentinel Prime (who was based on Animated Sentinel, and then retroactively G1 Sunbow Sentinel) but his aerial alternate mode is reflective of G1 comics Sentinel Prime's alt modes in the latter half of IDW 1.0 and in IDW 2.0.

So he's sort of the Alpha and Omega of Sentinel Primes, pulling a little bit from all versions (except, funnily enough, the version he's canonically supposed to be according to the wiki).

Part of me wishes he got a face plate (the ridged face plate G1 comics settled on for Sentinel is one of my favourite face plate designs in Transformers) but he looks perfectly cromulent without it. He's a good looking figure, just a bit let down by the line's size and budget.

So I'm hoping the rumours of a Studio Series glow up are true.

The toy was only just recently released to stores.
The Target on W Hillsborough has the full first wave of TF One product out if you're looking.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Wiki considers him the same character as Bayverse Sentinel Prime, despite sharing almost no design elements with him (if I was being charitable his shield blade thing KINDA invokes DotM Sentinel's
shield but that feels like a stretch).
The wiki's current organization of TF One characters is based on the fact that the movie is still a theatrical film made by Paramount with most of the exact same production staff who made all of the live action movies, some of whom keep insisting that this movie is a prequel to those movies (at the very least, a prequel to the 2007 movie). Whether it's in the same continuity as those films or not remains to be seen, but the amount of connective tissue shared behind-the-scenes between this movie and the live action ones is enough for the Wiki to, at the moment, consider it apart of the same "continuity family" at the very least.

Think like how Marvel Sentinel Prime, Cartoon U-Haul Robot, And IDW Sentinel Prime all look nothing alike, but are all considered to be variations of G1 Sentinel Prime in separate individual continuities within the same continuity family.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
The wiki's current organization of TF One characters is based on the fact that the movie is still a theatrical film made by Paramount with most of the exact same production staff who made all of the live action movies, some of whom keep insisting that this movie is a prequel to those movies (at the very least, a prequel to the 2007 movie). Whether it's in the same continuity as those films or not remains to be seen, but the amount of production threads shared between this movie and the live action ones is enough for the Wiki to, at the moment, consider it apart of the same "continuity family" at the very least.

Think like how Marvel Sentinel Prime, Cartoon U-Haul Robot, And IDW Sentinel Prime all look nothing alike, but are all considered to be variations of G1 Sentinel Prime in separate individual continuities within the same continuity family.
That's fair. I'd argue that a modern live action film series would be tighter than something like G1 which had multiple iterations out of the gate and plenty of drift as it's still being added to forty years later but the way the Bay films treated continuity- and the way the producers of the two post-Bay films can't decide if they're prequels or reboots- this approach is probably for the best 😆

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
The Wiki considers him the same character as Bayverse Sentinel Prime, despite sharing almost no design elements with him (if I was being charitable his shield blade thing KINDA invokes DotM Sentinel's shield but that feels like a stretch).
Yeah, I had forgotten that TFOne both had a Sentinel in its lineup, and that they're doing the "it's totally the same continuity, we swear" thing with it and the regular movies like they did back in the day with the Aligned stuff.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I had forgotten that TFOne both had a Sentinel in its lineup, and that they're doing the "it's totally the same continuity, we swear" thing with it and the regular movies like they did back in the day with the Aligned stuff.
But I don't think they've officially came out and said "Same Continuity" or "Soft Reboot" or anything yet, have they? Also, if TFone does well at the box office, we may be seeing more of this. It seems to be testing really well, but that doesn't always transition to box office success.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
But I don't think they've officially came out and said "Same Continuity" or "Soft Reboot" or anything yet, have they? Also, if TFone does well at the box office, we may be seeing more of this. It seems to be testing really well, but that doesn't always transition to box office success.
As Sabrblade has said various people attached to TF One have called it a prequel to the live action movies.
Whether that means all of them, just the Bay ones, just the first Bay one, or just the BB-RotB series (itself either a reboot or prequel depending on who you ask) remains to be seen.

Or hell it may tie into none of them and do its own thing, being another "iteration" of a broader movie continuity family, kind of like how G1 gets reinvented every now and then but it's all "G1"

Top Bottom