Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
We need a new Roadbuster. T30 Whirl would work but I’d prefer one with today’s standards of articulation.
IMG_2511.jpeg

Also an Impactor who isn’t dwarfed by literally everybody on his team

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they redo Roadbuster I'll buy it. I don't know if it'll be any good or not, but I'll buy it. It has to be better than T30. The current team could do better in their sleep.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
If they redo Roadbuster I'll buy it. I don't know if it'll be any good or not, but I'll buy it. It has to be better than T30. The current team could do better in their sleep.
The "bigger than average dude with a ton of guns" that Leader class is nowadays is just about tailor made for Roadbuster. I imagine he can't look too much like the Mugen Calibur but that still gives them a lot of leeway.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The "bigger than average dude with a ton of guns" that Leader class is nowadays is just about tailor made for Roadbuster. I imagine he can't look too much like the Mugen Calibur but that still gives them a lot of leeway.

Not a lot of people really care about Dorvack. They might be able to get away with it. And they might feel bold successfully fending off Harmony Gold.

Dake

Citizen
It doesn't matter if most don't care about it. If HG holds the rights, you can bet they have a google alert set for Hasbro Dorvack so they can sue.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Eh, I'm sure they can do a solid new take that doesn't need to hew too closely to it. The T30 effort was decent and could do with some refining, and they've put out some good looking bruiser builds since. Maybe it could even work using the Gamer Edition/Fractured Friendship Optimus engineering as a basis.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
If Hasbro can get along with their former mortal enemy Mattel, they can get along with Bandai.
It’s just a price tag but one I doubt Takara is willing to pay for an update of a character who effectively doesn’t exist in their fiction, in a toyline where they’re allowed to take design liberties. If nobody cares about Dorvack, even less people would care about the specifics of Roadbuster’s altmode.

All they have to do is a bigger, flatter version of Stege Hound.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Does Bandai actually own the Dorvack IP though?

Like they obviously own the molds for the original toys since the toyline was by Takatoku but do they actually own the IP itself?

(Not like anyone cares either way, it's a dead franchise from the 1980s)

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
The real question isn't about Hasbro, but rather if Takara and Bandai can play nice.
Bandai owns the Brave IP these days and TT is doing Brave stuff again for the first time in like twenty years so I'd say they can.

Does Bandai actually own the Dorvack IP though?

Like they obviously own the molds for the original toys since the toyline was by Takatoku but do they actually own the IP itself?

(Not like anyone cares either way, it's a dead franchise from the 1980s)
According to wikipedia (I know) the tv show was conceived as a means to promote Takatoku's toys. So either it was owned by Takatoku (and thus Bandai today), Fuji TV, or Ashi Productions.

My guess is no one's bothered to sort out who owns what because it's a franchise no one really cares about and the most iconic mecha from it are most prominently known in a TT/Hasbro franchise so what would the point even be?

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah I feel asking if 'Can Takara and Bandai play nice' is kind of weird considering that whole 'Bandai x Takara Tomy' thing from a couple years ago where Bandai did a Zoids Chogokin and Takara did a Tomica Gundam thing.

Like they clearly can work together and collab on shit (or at the very least give the other company a license to produce product using one of their own IP)

Top Bottom