Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They and their bases were a notable part of Siege and Earthrise.

And that was definitely an exciting time to be Donocropolis. I would have been happy to have them keep going with Micromaster stuff with the bases all getting their own robot modes. I would have loved to get a new, Robot/Space Shuttle/Base Leader Class version of Skystalker's shuttle and a Commander Class of Countdown's rocket base.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Both included good homages to the rocket base, but neither was quite what I'm imagining as a modern version of it. But, in any case, I don't think the new Micromasters were a huge hit, sales-wise, so I don't know if we'll ever get anything else in that vein again.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
It's certainly closer than the toy-style Selects one, but I'd probably consider picking up one that's colored like the Unite Warriors Cyclonus (I believe CoffeeHorse or someone has a great digibash of this here). Especially if the gray plastic doesn't do what that sad Kingdom-era batch of gray plastic does.
I think that between the Selects being clearly toy-centric and Kingdom launching alongside SS '86 it's clear that Kingdom Cyclonus was always Hasbro's take of an animation-accurate deco.

Given recent history its very possible they re-release that colour scheme (with better grey plastic) in a multi-pack or something but I think by and large Hasbro's checked "cartoon Cyclonus deco" off their to-do list.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm happy enough with the Botropolis set, but if I ever see Sky Lynx for a good price I'm going to be tempted.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I never aimed for Unite Warriors colors, but you might be remembering this.

View attachment 22988

This is indeed gorgeous (I especially like how different the face shape turned out), but I think it was this one by GXE18 that caught my eye:
Which may still not be QUITE Unite Warriors, but the bluish tint and lighter clear orange made me think of that.

Either way, yeah, I think Hasbro's shown a willingness to redo stuff that was plenty solid the first time. I just hope this time it's not a pretty Cyclonus in a five-pack or with a couple of straight-to-accessory-storage-bin props sold as a Leader class figure.

I do love that setup.
While it's definitely neat-looking, I'm with Donocropolis on wanting a new Countdown Rocket Base.

But then I've been rattling on for years about wanting a full-on micro-play play pattern back with bases and tons of micros and such.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I can't criticize anyone's Scourge/Sweep choices, a while back I realized I could add Target/Battlemasters to the TR mold without any modification (which I had two different colors of due to clearance sales from both TR and Takara, plus a spare Sweep head) and I haven't bothered changing them since.

40585536243_c904ef84a4_z.jpg

46827983894_e1ca0d0b9c_z.jpg

46827982724_1b8306f896_z.jpg

But let's be honest...Scourge doesn't need the new hat. Powerdasher Zetar DOES and I've FOUND IT!

50219341173_7d7d029c99_z.jpg

Top Bottom