Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Boom Cyb Megs back in my collection (it was stolen from me)
Also Alterney Optimus Prime
and a Bulkhead
100_4916.JPG

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, but they're bugs. Beast Boy turned into a dinosaur all the time.
I refer you back to point #3, which was honestly the clincher for me.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong (I don't know TT that well), but doesn't he retain the same colors, no matter what form he takes on?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As ready as I am for some more innovation in Transformers of late (and as much as I've not really needed ginormous Dinobots), I have to admit that just giving the audience what they want has paid off handsomely in this case.

After being used to a fairly tight in-line scale that skews small, seeing just ONE Dinobot on a shelf, really flexing what Leader class can do (and without even being all that hollow), is very striking. I'm still not used to how massive each of these looks in real life. Seeing them side by side with a Voyager, even the taller ones, still kind of shorts my brain out for a second. And they do some fun things with the engineering too, so these are just a pleasure to have. And that they got to all five and kept up the quality throughout is very dearly appreciated.

Funny enough, while I'd appreciate a Deluxe remake of Slash, she looks excellent as a smol killer kid there.

What are all these swords from?

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
As ready as I am for some more innovation in Transformers of late (and as much as I've not really needed ginormous Dinobots), I have to admit that just giving the audience what they want has paid off handsomely in this case.
Oh I'm with you. I told myself I was passing on these guys and that I was happy with the PotP offerings but that Grimlock was so tempting I had to give him a try and it was all over. He was that good. And all of them live up to that.
They're just really solid chunky dino robots and that's all that the Dinobots ever needed to be. The PotP ones are fun in that they can combine. Classics Grimlock revisits the Pretender design with a modern t-rex. And I can respect all of them for trying new things but... but this is just great. Just five big chunky robot dinos. The idea just perfectly realized with no unasked for bells and whistles.
I'm all for trying new things but sometimes the obvious is all that was ever needed.

And Slash, by not actually combining with the PotP versions, still fits with the SS '86 crew. She doesn't have any compromised combining pegs that you have to ignore. She's just a fun kid sister addition.

What are all these swords from?
Most of them are from Nonnef, save for Swoop who actually came with his. He also came with one for Grimlock, but the Nonnef one Grim was using was just a bit more impressive.
Snarl and Sludge are also rocking Nonnef rifles, and Nonnef also provided Grimlock with his crown, some extra dino mode teeth, and some gap covers for his forearms.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I skipped Grimlock because I already have the MP and didn't know if it was worth double dipping for two Big Grims, but now that I have the rest of the team, I'm debating if he matches well enough or not.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I'm waiting for G2 colors for the other Dinobots. Already using the 3P FOC dinobots but different colors would do it for me

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I skipped Grimlock because I already have the MP and didn't know if it was worth double dipping for two Big Grims, but now that I have the rest of the team, I'm debating if he matches well enough or not.

I had the same thought, but I ended up double dipping (well triple dipping actually because I found a cheap Toxitron Grimmy at a toy shop) just to get them all to match.

Now, if I had unlimited genie wishes, I'd ask for Hasbro to keep going. Give us G1-ified versions of the Bay era Dinobots:
Scorn as an 80's Spinosaurus,
Slog as a Brachiosaur,
Combine Strafe and IDW Strafe to make a new character, maybe named Strife so as to not conflict with the Technobot, as an Amargasaurus, maybe the head/neck splits to give it the two-headed look common to both of those?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh, Nonnef is amazing. Definitely one of the things I need that money for -- to arm my coneheads, give my van guys better feet, etc.

On the subject of Nonnef, the shop got hit pretty hard by the hurricane, iirc (shop's offline until further notice). I hope everyone's okay.

Top Bottom