Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like this guy like you wouldn't believe.

20240908_135329.jpg

They finally did the accessory set right. The accessories are made for specific Siege characters, but they're made of modular pieces and work as generic weapons you can give to anyone.

But I don't have any Siege toys, so I guess he'll have to keep them all himself.

20240908_135303.jpg

I don't think there's any intended way to do this, but it works. The bomb and the energon canister are just rattling around in there but they're not going anywhere.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I like this guy like you wouldn't believe.

View attachment 23288

They finally did the accessory set right. The accessories are made for specific Siege characters, but they're made of modular pieces and work as generic weapons you can give to anyone.

But I don't have any Siege toys, so I guess he'll have to keep them all himself.

View attachment 23289

I don't think there's any intended way to do this, but it works. The bomb and the energon canister are just rattling around in there but they're not going anywhere.

I was thinking with all of those weapons on his back: " A-hunting we will go, A-hunting we will go, Heigh-ho, the derry-o, A-hunting we will go."

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
20240908_182337.jpg

This set is a mixed bag. You guys weren't kidding about the Skullgrin mold. It's not good. I like the Allicon in robot mode. I don't know if there's something I'm missing but it appears to be impossible to tab the arms into place in beast mode. It's not about the tolerances between the tabs and slots. They just don't even line up. Oh well. The Seeker is just Thundercracker. I don't know what's up with some people's cameras, but it is not even the tiniest tinge in the direction of purple. On the bright side, it's a better looking Thundercracker than the actual Earthrise Thundercracker. It's a keeper.

I only bought this set for the Autotrooper, and I'm glad I did because it's the highlight of the set. I'm sure it was a fine Ironhide and Ratchet, but it really wears these colors well.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Yeah, but, it was consistently and repeatedly advertised and argued as being a shade of purple.
When I first saw it, it was a must get. Then I soured on it after seeing some in-hand pics. Then some pics comparing him to Thundercracker came out and I was on board again.
Yeah, he should be purple, but he's definitely a more... lavender... shade of blue than ole' Lightninghonkey and distinct in his own right. I'm glad I picked him up when it's all said and done.

JZAwezp.jpg

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Have you even stood it next to Thundercracker? Because it's a completely different shade of blue. It's not really even close.

I said it's a better looking Thundercracker than Earthrise Thundercracker. That would have been an odd thing to say if I hadn't noticed that the blues are different. Obviously I noticed.

Point is, if they'd sold this version first and called it Thundercracker, nobody would have questioned it.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's definitely one of those things that appear different on a screen/via a camera and in person. (It even varies depending on the lighting; doesn't look the same between Coffee's and LGI's pics.)

It's distinct from Thundercracker's slightly greener blue, which, in both Earthrise and Siege, seemed to have a drop of yellow in there -- which I didn't realize until I made a slightly-less-greebly version of the Siege one in the cartoony light blue I prefer for TC. (It's certainly not the toy dark blue that the Deluxe Seeker from Generations had.)

BUT while I maintain that it's a distinct blue from Thundercracker's by way of shading more toward red than yellow, it's only just so. And it's still more blue than it is purple. That it only really becomes apparent when you put them side by side is indicative of that. I can see what CoffeeHorse means by this being reasonably Thundercracker-y on its own. They definitely should have gone a click or five further away.

(I'm sure there's one of the many background Seekers that IS this bluish purple, that's not the point I'm making at all.)

The Autrotrooper is absolutely the star here, with the Seeker a fair second for the custom potential (which would be higher if it were half as easy as the Siege one to disassemble, damn rivets). But I'm annoyed at the new "this alt head is actually just a mask" bit, because that makes making a custom out of the Earth mode van mold harder.

The other two are tied for last (although I am less fond of the Quintesson goon mold). I wish they'd put the Devastation Runatwin redeco or really anything else in this set instead of them. Maybe even SS86 Gnaw in the funky Pit of Judgment colors. Or hell, a second, car-based Autotrooper -- Earthrise Prowl with opaque windows and its own neck thing that can take the other Autotrooper head.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
But I'm annoyed at the new "this alt head is actually just a mask" bit, because that makes making a custom out of the Earth mode van mold harder.

This is annoying. They had to know we would want to use the alternate heads for customs, but they went out of their way to make it impractical. Until someone makes some adapters, these alt heads are useless for anything outside this set. And it's not even a universal system within this set. The masks require their own specialized adapters. They are on to something with the idea here, but they need to go back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, I welcome them to sell me an Earth mode Autotrooper. I don't care if it uses a compatible alt head system, or a new system, or just one normal head that looks like either one of these. I'll buy it.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's a great neck adaptor with a free STL up on Cults3D, iirc with versions for the Datsun and Earth mode van. It's a bit of an extra step, but it'd be cheaper and simpler than obtaining a second Autotrooper for the custom I had in mind. Then again, the second Autotrooper would at least be a source for other parts too...

Like another mask. Which would still call for a spare adaptor... Ugh

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
And while they're at it maybe they can remold the Prime air vehicons into the G2 air troopers, or find something else that works. I need more G2 grunts for Jhiaxus's army. And a proper Mindset. (A more G2 Rook wouldn't be bad either)

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want to be clear that I am still more than happy with the set. If you thought you want it, don't let my complaints discourage you, because they're totally not discouraging me.

I love generics. Lumping four different ones into one expensive set kinda works against the whole idea of army building, but I don't have the money or space to do that anyway, so having just one of each works for me. I'm glad this set exists, and I want Hasbro to do this often enough to get better at it.

I also want them to keep doing accessory sets. They got off to a rough start, but with Red Cog they have finally completely nailed it. I don't even have any nitpicks with this one.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like the earlier attempts at accessory packs as well (well, Tricranius was more of a blast effect pack). It's just a shame Centurion Drone was so goddamn difficult to get (and so many of the accessories were tiny things).

More cool generics and accessories are welcome. Hell, bring back the Superlink style exclusive clear weapons. Out of the better ones at least -- I can do without more Skids axes, but imagine the Siege Ironhide hammercannon or Nemesis Prime's birdblade Giza (and Star Saber) in clear colors...

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Centurion set was clearly farmed out to some B team that doesn't know what the main team is doing. They had no idea what Prime they were designing a blaster for. They clearly had old Leaders in mind. Though oddly it looks like they had a Deluxe in mind when they designed Roller.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It should be easy enough to get a consensus from the 30 people worldwide that got one.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Centurion set was clearly farmed out to some B team that doesn't know what the main team is doing. They had no idea what Prime they were designing a blaster for. They clearly had old Leaders in mind. Though oddly it looks like they had a Deluxe in mind when they designed Roller.
That is funny because you are absolutely right! I really do love the set, but those 2 pieces really are out of whack with the character they're designed to go with.

Top Bottom