Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I agree with them on that one. When Americans order fish and chips at a restaurant nobody is surprised when there's not a side of Pringles on the plate. We really ought to get some consistency here.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My laptop crashed bad tonight. I had Discord open. It stopped responding. Then boom. I was staring at a white screen. No Discord. No taskbar. No wallpaper. None of my normal icons. Just a white screen with a single blank icon in the upper left corner labeled "Windows". It looked like Windows itself had minimized to some lower level thing, but I didn't think Windows worked like that.

I didn't even do anything. I just had Discord open on my laptop for audio. I wasn't touching it.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Found out today that my local Cinema is on the list of closures, not that I go there much but its sad none the less and if I want to see a movie, I got to travel much further a field and that would cost more money, not that its been cheep going there but then a lot of the movies of late, have been unintersting or plain bad from what I heard, it might not be a big cinema, it was purposely built with some shops to serve my home town and the surounding villages, but now we are loosing it!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Nah, I just Googled it, my french is EXTREMELY rusty but then I was never good at it, I have been to the country and into Spain, also been to Germany once
Of course, whenever I call someone a nerd you gotta remember 2 things:

1. Those in the nerd community often take it as a complement that means "someon who knows what they're talking about."

2. I grew up on Transformers, TMNT, Star Trek, Star Wars I'm in love with sci-fi and cyberpunk. I still have every video game console I ever owned going back to the original 8-bit NES. In all ways, I am a nerd!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So have you ever wondered why Deadpool doesn't wear kevlar or something? I mean, of course he can heal from darn well near anything from bullet wounds to dismemberment...but that shit still has to hurt!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
With the frequency he gets mangled, replacing kevlar every couple of hours would just get expensive, especially since he'll just regenerate the damage anyway. He's crazy, not stupid.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Fair. But personally I just don't like pain. For me, having a super power that requires intense amounts of pan order to use sounds horrifying.

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
you don't even want to think about the muscle cramps wolverine gets all the time after moving around a metal skelington all day

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I believe Wolverine once said that you could only regenerate from a skeleton so many times before your pain response just doesn't quite work anymore. All those super-healers who get blown apart just to show off their power are just desensitized to it. Disturbing, isn't it.

Top Bottom