Star Trek: The Original Series and The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Deanna Troi schooling Data in chess:

Yeah right. This Next Gen scene gave chess a bad name.

Here’s the reality:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Picard confirmed it. Q is omnipotent:

or nigh omnipotent which is essentially the same thing for all intents and purposes.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’ve never tried virtual reality but I suspect we’re still far away from this:

In the Star Trek episode “The Menagerie” where Pike was paralyzed from head to toe, he was sent to this virtual reality.

Will he live forever? Or will he die eventually?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I would have stayed on this planet:

Spock wanted to stay. He said for the first time in his life he was happy.

Spock was going to stay here too:

The Next Generation would talk down about the old, outdated technology of past starships of the Original Series era, but I don’t think they encountered time travel technologies as advanced as this one.

I don’t know why that girl could not go with Spock back to the Enterprise. Why would she die? If they can go through one way and back, why wouldn’t that girl die if she went through the time portal? How would she even know that?

The Original Series characters, when they were unhibited by a drug, would express how sad and lonely they were living on the Enterprise and how they had to keep it all in.

Yet they kept choosing their career and work over love and happiness when they were offered it.

The only reason why humans have to work is because they ate the Apple in the Garden of Eden, disobeying God. Before then, they did not have to work. They just loved each other all day and all night. Their needs were all taken care of by God. Work is actually a curse, a result of the Fall.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This is the sexiest moment in Star Trek history:

I must say, this Brenna Odell is a delicious woman. I must go see her at a Con one of these days.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I think Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager can owe their success to Q:

Without him I don’t think there would have been any comic relief. These shows would have been boring, a big snooze, due to their serious, rigid, regimented military structure as compared to the Orignal Series which played it fast and loose.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Q was only in one DS9 episode, one that came early in the show's run and had no real bearing on the series as a whole.

DS9 owes its success to being great in its own right.

And it's the only Star Trek show where the whole cast got to go out and play a fun game of Baseball for an episode.

And it's the only Star Trek show with the immensely charming and charismatic Vic Fontaine, played by the legendary James Darren.

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’m pretty sure V’ger could swallow up and annihilate the Borg:

The original crew seemed to encounter much greater threats that defied explanation and imagination.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I'd say the whole Pah Wraiths/Prophets thing is up there in things that defy explanation and imagination, if V'Ger is. And that's one of the core plotlines of DS9.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Locutus literally killed his wife, so.......
And don't forget that was his ONLY previous interaction with Picard before DS9, at least to my knowledge. Intellectually, he may know Picard was essentially mind controlled as Locutus, but emotionally? That kind of thing wouldn't be easy to let go. Heck, Captain Shaw in Picard S3 had a similar issue, with even more years in-between and without having lost a direct family member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom