Transformers: Age of the Primes toyline discussion Update with Commander and Titan listings

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I'll need to see the figure for alpha trion: as I've got one from earlier in the generations line, and I try not to buy doubles, and I suspect it might be a tweaked mold.
Same. I have both the one that was remoulded from SS '86 Scourge and the TR one (as Alpha Trizer).
So whatever this one is will have to sufficiently improve on one or the other, or both, to get me to pick it up.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think the Armada Megatron option makes more sense than Kingdom Galvatron. Tank mode, bulky and squarish, greebly. As opposed to the rounded shapes that arr all over the G1 Galvatron design. Maybe they can change the tall tread shoulders but the rest works.

I could even see the Siege Megs mold suiting this for those reasons, but ffs stop using that mold already.

I am curious about what they'll use for Alpha Trion since they just did a G1-y one, but maybe an Alpha Trizer would be interesting.

Gridlock

Citizen
I'm only looking forward to this toyline, if Fallen is a walking furnace from Dreamwave. Every new design he got after was worse and worse, makoing him to generic to care for me. If it's not based on DW version, then the thirteen are pass for me.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
That wouldn't make much sense, they might use the SS/Kingdom Galvatron mold if he just a retool as the Fallen never had bulky shoulders like Armada Megatron
Given the level of remoulding Hasbro's engaged in lately it's entirely possible they could use Armada Megs' skeleton as a base to build a whole new tank-based figure. Including a different layout for vehicle mode kibble in robot mode.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That would look absolutely amazing in those colors. Black and charcoal and brown, with a screaming yellow orange wash...

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
I'd like a new mold for the Fallen, not some sort of reuse, Lets do the Big Fire coated Demon mode first, and then the remold can be megatronus .. like he looked before he fell.. that way Hasbro gets their two mold uses and we don't need to sacrifice other character molds to the pyre.

I mean it wouldn't be hard to design a toy who's outer armor parts can be molded in opaque Grey or Translucent orange... then just put a lot of 5mm ports on him and pack the fallen version with a shit load of fire shaped effects parts

there you go design team a free one from your good buddy Destron

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I'd like a new mold for the Fallen
My take is that all of the Thirteen will either be new moulds or very extensive remoulds. I don't think they're gonna paint Armada Megs black, give him a flame deco, and call it a day.

The one exception is probably Vector, who I can see being a package refresh of Legacy United Vector Prime, just to get all of the Thirteen out in the same line.

TriBlurr

Citizen
With a couple exceptions, most of the 13 don't have defined Alt modes. So I can definitely see some of them being retools or pretools of other characters.

I mean Nexus Prime has to be the reason we're getting Arielbots and Combaticons Back to Back. I fully expect him to be mix of retools from the 2 teams. With maaaybe the torso being new.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hmm...

1726908537192.jpeg

Robot mode makes me think Siege or maybe Earthrise Megatron.

Tank mode makes me think Tarn.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yup, the altmode and most of the robot mode is very Impactor. Things end up in the same places. It's just the back-mounted treads in robot mode that are particularly Siege Megatron.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I did like the way that the back treads ended up as a "have I mentioned that I'm on fire all the time?" billboard.

Also, man, I'm back to wishing they'd have heavy-retooled Siege Megatron into the Stormbringer-era design. That probably would've been too much for the budget of the Fractured Friendship 2-pack given Prime got so much retooling love already, though. But even designwise it would pair so well with OP, although the name of the pack would probably have to change.

Top Bottom