Transformers Legacy toyline

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I get that losing features sucks but comparing a retail $200-ish toy to a $600 collector figure is disingenuous.

also firing missiles are terrible all around.
Seriously it's like when people criticize a mass-retail Transformer by comparing it to their Masterpiece counterpart (or a 3P Masterpiece).

They are in completely different brackets here.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And a 360 degrees look:

Just revealed by @markclonus is our #Transformers Legacy: United G1 Universe Deluxe Class Optimus Prime. Here is tthe 360° render video for you all to 👀

Deluxe Class Optimus Prime will be available for pre-order on Thursday June 13th at 1PM ET from @amazon , @hasbropulse , @bigbadtoystore , @entearth , and other select retailers.

This one actually does what I wanted the Missing Link version to do: Leave the flaps off the back of his shoulders and keep them on his back so that he doesn't have a big gaping hole in his back.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
He looks solid! There are obvious compromises to get the concept to the $25, but I think they largely succeed. I'm really impressed at the purported accessory load out: 2 blasters, a matrix, and an Energon ax. I'm surprised to see light piping return, but it's a nice gimmick for this kind of figure.
I do have a couple of nitpicks, almost exclusively on the colors- I think the red is little on the bright side, while the grey plastic parts are maybe too dark. The singular Autobot logo is a bit weird. It almost feels like they were trying to "toe the line" between the classic cartoon representation while still working within the original toy's design.
While Mark makes note about the plastic colors, I don't see any more deco apps being included. I'm sure Toyhax will have a deco sheet ready quickly, since he just feels...naked..without all those sticker details that Missing Link colored in.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The only thing I'm not liking about that Prime is I wish the smokestacks were painted silver. Should at least be any easy fix though.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's Missing Link's baby brother.

little links.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like it more the longer I look at it. In theory I prefer Takara's literal approach and would gladly pay more for it once I have available funds, but I can't say Hasbro didn't understand the assignment. They treated the smokestacks like weapons. That is absolutely something kids did back in the day, but it's something I thought we'd never see again because it's not in the precious toon.

If Hasbro (or a credible leaker) teases any kind of followup that's more interesting than Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, I'm in.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Missing Link is, to me, more expensive than the nostalgia is worth. This one isn't as nicely painted, but it's less than half of what BBTS is asking for ML (at least, for the trailer-less version, but I don't care about the trailer), and might show up at retail so I could see it in person first. So I'm interested, but not committed to it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Your Walmart stocks toys?!

Sure. But it's 99% a combination of last year's ROTB mainline toys and the first-year Legacy toys from two years ago.

Somehow even with that, it's still better than what every Target I've been to recently has had available lol.

(Seriously at least my local Walmart looks well-stocked, even if it's mostly just shelfwarmers, every single Target I've been to recently is like 'OK here's your peg with like 4 Core class figures and here's your pegs with 6 Deluxes and I guess you got like a couple Voyagers on the shelf too and maybe one Leader if you're lucky')

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
I've been pondering this some today, and I'm kind of wondering if a passable Slipstream could be made from a G2 Cyberjet design? Take Hooligan; he still maintains roughly the classic Seeker shape, if his back was modified so the wings could sweep upwards in robot mode it would approximate Slipstream's wing configuration. The jet-nose-to-chest might be less straightforward, but the modular design of the Cyberjets seems like they would lend themselves better to partial mold reuse for femme Seekers without just being Windblade with a new paint job. (Plus it would mean new Cyberjet figures!)

What do you think, sirs?

Cyberjets, or Cyberjets-'ish' . . . maybe?

I have Jetfire and Hooligan on one of my shelves. These two are fun, and they look great, but they're really wobbly. The others didn't feel safe to transform - I always worried about breaking something.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
After careful thought, I have decided that I am passing on this wave of deluxes:
Slipstream, while looking nice, doesn't quite do what I would like in regards to weapons
Quake, I have no attachment to the character and frankly the mold he using his, not great, thou clearly he got the retooling budget instead of Slipstream
Deluxe G1 OP, looks nice but I have plenty of OPs in my collection in various sizes and shapes, including the lego one and I'm, looking forward to seeing what the Studio series 86 produces and if it can beat the Earthrise/Netflix mold as that has been the best mainline G1 Op to date

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Comparisons.jpg

Boxes.jpg

Mic check..1..2..(thud) just in time for the 40th anniversary celebration I welcome a familiar face to the Legacy United line! Thats right folks, it be Optimus Prime at the deluxe scale featuring his toy style, but with a whole lotta #fun !
Shuhei Umeza san the talented wizard worked on this dude with me! What a vibe its been working with Shu san, such a solid guy!

Lemme break down the deets, please read in your Blurr voice! whose better then a deluxe articulated Prime that comes with his blue metallic tinted matrix of leadership, his toy styled black blaster, his animation styled ion blaster cannon, 5 mm ports in various strategic places, lightpiping yellow eyes, weapon storage on the back freightliner truck bed, the ability to hitch to multiple trailers , smokestack upgrades, cybertron radial pvc rubber tires, nobody nobody nobodyyyyyyyyy!!

When I was a kid I used to dream of things like this, I always wanted my Optimus to have permanently attached fists and I always wanted that dang blaster to fit in his hands smmoooothly, so many other things dreaming well wake up fans, he is here and you can preorder this beauty this Thursday at 1 pm et!

Please note the colors are just like the og toy even though this toy sample I had to photo is an early sample, colors and apperances are varied!

(Source: - https://www.instagram.com/p/C8H0sH8Osze/ )

I'm so glad that I didn't pay for the recent TT Missing Link or Hotwheels versions. I wonder why both companies released such similar figures so close in time to each other?

Last edited:

Top Bottom