Transformers Legacy toyline

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So all this talk of getting Beast Machines characters proper updates, no one brings up Nightscream?

The guy who's sole toy* was an oversized, lights-and-sounds, clear plastic monstrosity?

No getting HIM, not even a proper due, just A due?!

*Yeah, there was that McDonald's toy....
I try not to remember Nightscream.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
So all this talk of getting Beast Machines characters proper updates, no one brings up Nightscream?

The guy who's sole toy* was an oversized, lights-and-sounds, clear plastic monstrosity?

Generally speaking one must have a positive recollection of the character to want a toy of said character 😛

I'm glad I binged BM in uni because it helped me pull a 180 on the franchise but even a fresh viewing and digging the themes they were going for couldn't get me to like Nightscream. Just... nah. Sorry.
Generations could give us the perfect update. He could be slashed to the bone on the sales rack. No dice.

RichardT519

Citizen

This was mostly what I was talking about: Beast Machines toys to proper scale with one another, where Silverbolt isn't smaller than Nightscream AND Rattrap.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Prowl 4, and retroactively recognize the owl by hood art on the car, Spychanger style!

I do wonder as PulseCon approaches which 3rd party will be the first to try to make G1 styled Dinoforce shells. In theory they could be in development now since the mold-mates are available for sizing, just the new weapons to integrate. Then again, Hasbro could even offer some as a Pulse exclusive, they were two pieces each originally, simpler than a Funko Pop. I'd just love a Pretender Beast like setup as a final upgrade for the original 'vauge monster' inner bots.

Blot

Citizen
Octrope, Stinky, and Obsesity will be the first releases in the Transformers: Steve subline dedicated to misspellings, misconceptions, and misrememberings across the history of the franchise. They will be deluxes, with Voyager Tank, or Tank...or...Tanky the Tanked Engine, or something. Leader class will be a re-release of MP-01, the Prime you are sure you had as a kid, along with original G1 Unicron and Skyfire with Titan being the 'really scary' big Predaking you remember from when you were six and saw it on a shelf and didn't get it because you had Puzzler at home.

And for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
The Titan slot wound up being a retool of Trypticon as fan favorite character Menasaur.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Thanks for the side-by-side comparison. As much as I appreciate the realistic animal approach for WfC/Legacy Beast Wars, Lio Convoy is definitely a case where it didn't work out the best. I don't love the anime lion head, but I think I would have picked it over the Legacy head if there'd been a choice from the start. At this point though, I don't think I want to replace the one I already have.
The original Legacy lion head is pretty good but it needed more paint apps.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My local Target finally restock it's TF section, and amongst them, was TM2 Megatron! It was still marked down to $34, so I finally bit the bullet and got me one. Now I am just looking for that Armada Megatron to go with my Armada Optimus.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still say CW Rook could've made a good Strika with a new head and weapon. The foot/hand piece made a decent turret.
swZnj4b.jpg

There's always my Neo Vehicon Generals I created. I always liked the Tomohawk mold for Obsidian and the Hulk mold for Strika. Jet Vehicon with TFCC BATT head works as a decent Jetstorm. RiD Megatronus body works well with the basic size Tankor head. The Neo Thrust is the one who is a complete departure from the original. Just looked cool to me.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
We're in the era where damn near 100% of the population has a megaphone. It's not like their bitching more now, it's just easier to hear it.

Bring on the pimp slappin' hands, I say!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rather than Blitzwing having large hands as part of the aesthetic angle of his design (like this Hulk does), Blitzwing literally came with them, as in they were utterly extraneous bits one didn't want or need but had to pay for. This on top of Blitzwing himself being, let's face it, a pretty rough design in part, that might have benefited from more tooling or parts rather than having the remainder of the budget go to that. This whole "Leader class is a less-than-Leader that comes with a bunch of stuff" should have ended with WFC. I can see making exceptions for, say, Prime's trailer, but this and Astrotrain's Fortnite loot crate and such are a harder sell.

Pretty sure that was what the "whining and complaining" was about, not that they were giant Hulk-style hands.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Rather than Blitzwing having large hands as part of the aesthetic angle of his design (like this Hulk does), Blitzwing literally came with them, as in they were utterly extraneous bits one didn't want or need but had to pay for. This on top of Blitzwing himself being, let's face it, a pretty rough design in part, that might have benefited from more tooling or parts rather than having the remainder of the budget go to that. This whole "Leader class is a less-than-Leader that comes with a bunch of stuff" should have ended with WFC. I can see making exceptions for, say, Prime's trailer, but this and Astrotrain's Fortnite loot crate and such are a harder sell.

Pretty sure that was what the "whining and complaining" was about, not that they were giant Hulk-style hands.
That's why I didn't bother with Blitzwing (keeping my Japanese headmaster version instead) but I'll get Overcharge if it comes out (as those units are meant to be poor quality, prototype/mass produced Quintesson clone products that Blitzwing possibly came from). The name is also apt for that mold.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
My local Target finally restock it's TF section, and amongst them, was TM2 Megatron! It was still marked down to $34, so I finally bit the bullet and got me one. Now I am just looking for that Armada Megatron to go with my Armada Optimus.
My town's Walmart is clearancing out a lot of stuff, I literally just picked up an Armada Megatron for $20. Might be worth checking any nearby Walmarts (and check the price with the app in store mode, ours had them tagged at $30), especially if they have an inventory or remodel coming up. They seem to be more willing to slash prices then.

Also got Blitzwing for $20, finally get to see what people are complaining about...

Top Bottom