Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All this discussion about Breakdown's colors, but I haven't seen anyone mention that he doesn't have the red slime dripping down the roof. That part is kind of shocking to me after the work they did to replicate the crazy deco details on the Toxitron collection toys.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
They seem to like to roll Generations out in trilogies now
Prime Wars (CW, TR, PotP)
WFC (Siege, ER, Kingdom)
Legacy (Legacy, Evolution, United)

So we're just gonna start a new trilogy of lines

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm not sure what the point is now that these trilogies don't have story arcs anymore. It might just be to trick retailers into spam ordering wave 1 all over again.

Well Legacy was envisoned to have show on Netflix to serve as a sequel to the WFC trilogy, but Netflix decided not to carry on and likely the original deal was for one batch of eps to be broken up into three seasons, thus we got Siege, Earthrise & Kingdom, the Prime Wars was more or less make it up as you go along and the acompaning series was poorly written and wasted the lines potential but then I think they were caught off guard when Optimus Primal won the fan vote back then which likely made them realise that they could do BW characters as toys but its whoever in charge was likely holding things back or didn't think it would be sucessful!

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I'm not sure what the point is now that these trilogies don't have story arcs anymore. It might just be to trick retailers into spam ordering wave 1 all over again.
Prime Wars and WfC had shows- bad shows, but they had them. Legacy was planned to have one but Netflix didn't renew the property.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I even said "anymore".
my guess is they like the thematic through lines

Legacy didn't have fiction but the "everyone from the multiverse converges" stuff was present throughout. And it sounds like the common element from the next trilogy will be the Thirteen.

Granted you could do the Thirteen in Legacy and still have it be thematically consistent but if you really think about it they could just keep doing Legacy forever 🫠

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
All this discussion about Breakdown's colors, but I haven't seen anyone mention that he doesn't have the red slime dripping down the roof. That part is kind of shocking to me after the work they did to replicate the crazy deco details on the Toxitron collection toys.

Does Overcharge have the stickers of all the different faction symbols like the e-Hobby one?

Oh I'm sure toyhax will have the toys covered.

And I mean COVERED. In stickers. More than anyone will need. More than most will want.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Oh I'm sure toyhax will have the toys covered.

And I mean COVERED. In stickers. More than anyone will need. More than most will want.
And then Takara will rerelease them two years later with better colors in a Dramatic Capture Series 3-pack and we'll all wish Hasbro had done them like that the first time around.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
And then Takara will rerelease them two years later with better colors in a Dramatic Capture Series 3-pack and we'll all wish Hasbro had done them like that the first time around.
Except Overcharge and G2 Breakdown never appeared in animation to have slaveish tv decos.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Except Overcharge and G2 Breakdown never appeared in animation to have slaveish tv decos.
Overcharge will be the new head with Blitzwing colors in a pack of 3.

Top Bottom