Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Also transforming back and forth loosened him up a bit but the detachable parts are still too detachable. Why are his arms even detachable?
Because he's an Armorizer. They all break apart into pieces just like the Weaponizers, Modulators, Fossilizers, and Junkions. That's their gimmick.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I'm aware of the disassembling gimmick. I'm asking why they made the arms in particular detachable. The pieces of rock on his arms and legs come off as armor, the shins come off to make a hammer combined with the axe accessory. The arms just come off and even have extra pegs on the shoulderpads but don't really do anything. Why would I want to make Soundwave or Hound or Thundertron hold a disembodied limb?

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm aware of the disassembling gimmick. I'm asking why they made the arms in particular detachable. The pieces of rock on his arms and legs come off as armor, the shins come off to make a hammer combined with the axe accessory. The arms just come off and even have extra pegs on the shoulderpads but don't really do anything. Why would I want to make Soundwave or Hound or Thundertron hold a disembodied limb?

War is helll, and sometimes you got to make due with whatever improvised weapon you can.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Why would I want to make Soundwave or Hound or Thundertron hold a disembodied limb?
tKDlNtA.gif

(Edit: uploaded to Imgur)

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
iddrTl3.jpeg

Found a few of these Blokees kits, picked one up and got Megatron. Pretty neat little figure. The blast effect is a little wimpy for a fusion cannon blast, but it's compatible with the standard effect parts included with mainline figures. The only ones I have close to hand are Magmatron's, they fit, but the bigger ones will weigh down the arm....since they weigh more than the figure.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still think that they knocked it out of the park with that particular lambo mold and its various incarnations. It is full of proper robot chonk and is insanely satisfying to transform.
The original was a great ambassador for Siege.

At the time when all we'd seen of it was a few pieces from the first wave or so, it was easy to shrug off the underwhelmingly "Cybertronian" designs, partly because of the "I already have a Sideswipe" of it all. But actually getting it in hand, and finding out it's this very playable, nicely engineered design that made for a great toy and character representation, was a surprise. Definitely had me keeping a more open mind for the rest of the line.

It helps that he's one of the less Stege-y paint jobs, and that he weirdly looks well proportioned despite the shoulders basically being attached outside the full car width. For others they'd later go with faux parts for robot mode, but this guy made it look like the real thing worked somehow.

As overused as it is, I still want more of it. Specifically the Earth mode retool. In various colors (is there a pink Sideswipe lambro, or a green one? I guess the SG Sideswipe is kinda green), as well as an Earth mode take on the black G2 one. Although I never got around to buying third party spoilers as the redecos kept stacking up, and now I probably need like a dozen.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can see why they'd want something fudgeable as G1 Tarn out there since the original was popular and might not be available anymore.

But I partly wish this had been done up as Banzai-Tron instead, maybe with either Bludgeon headsculpt if they couldn't make a new head.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I can see why they'd want something fudgeable as G1 Tarn out there since the original was popular and might not be available anymore.

But I partly wish this had been done up as Banzai-Tron instead, maybe with either Bludgeon headsculpt if they couldn't make a new head.
My guess is that all the new tooling budgeted for this set went to Prime Cliffjumper's new head and making Squeezeplay happen. So they either had to go with retail Tarn or retail Bludgeon as the base for the final figure, and Tarn being popular along with Cyberverse Tarn being his own thing gave them the money saving out they needed.

I'd like a new Banzai-Tron myself, and I wouldn't even mind it from that mould, but I'd at least want a new head. I'm a fan of Banzai-Tron's head design and I don't like the idea of that one repaint of RotF Bludgeon as him setting a precedent.

Top Bottom