Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Staks!

PUaFkDQ.jpg

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Is it me or do that toy's proportions suddenly look totally fine without the pinhead throwing it off?

I mean, I never disliked it anyway, but dang.

Glitch

Citizen
Just occured to me we could get a nifty Cyberverse Thunderhowl retooled from Thundertron.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That might be the version I hold on to (or if they make the Legends Leo Prime; just great colors).

I don't know why I can't seem to get into Thundertron as a toy. The character concept is cool enough, and this new mold seems to be an improvement in key ways from the original. I think there's just something about the color scheme that leaves me meh on it (which is why I was glad to skip the regular release and waiting to see what this would look like). That, and I'm still kind of weary of seeing it after PRID merch seemed to hang around on shelves here forever at the time (and it was mostly Thundertron).

Like give me this mold in mostly muted maroon or dark navy blue, to better sell the "pirate captain coat" look in robot mode. Maybe with charcoal as a secondary color and gold for accents.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Using the Combiner head instead of the standard robot mode head does help as well.

That head's too big. We needed something in between.

Sadly it'll never happen now. That mold had potential, but its time was short.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Last in my haul is Bumblebee. I like him but there are a few things about him I don’t like. Articulation is decent, though his left elbow is waaaay tighter than his right and the sheer size of his feet make some poses awkward regardless of the tilts. Paint is what it is but it is a bit offbrand that his windows are black. May try to fix that but it isn’t terrible. The yellows don’t match. This isn’t even like sunstreaker’s clear blue bleeding through, the yellow paint really needed one or two more coats. Transformation is decent. He comes woth a gun that stores on his back. It works. I don’t like his face since the expression is a bit too grumpy for Bumblebee.
IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg

IMG_2754.jpeg

vehicle mode is totally not a Beetle. Wish the roof were a bit rounder and the hood has a weird slope to it. It looks like a PS1 render of a Beetle. It rolls and all the lights and rims are painted so it’s alright in my book.
IMG_2757.jpeg
IMG_2758.jpeg

Bee is a neat little figure. I don’t have much to dtraxt from him and he is a solid little figure. My only complaint is that the various deluxe minibots usually come with some kind of accessories to offset their diminutive size. Bee has a tiny pistol and is tiny himself and not particularly complex. He isn’t a bad toy by any means just not a good value.

also, I cracked the color mixes. This is gonna be a fun little project.
IMG_2791.jpeg

RichardT519

Citizen
I kinda hoped they'd make a terrible Ultra Magnus out of it too. With a trailer that breaks into pieces that are interchangeable with combiner limbs.
I had hoped a third party had done that with an Optimus trailer, giving us a Powermaster Prime look.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Saw a 3d print model for a toy based head (complete with the backplate) and arms (all black with sculpted wheels) for that Bee. If a proper injection molded upgrade kit shows up with those I might consider it.

Wish the stock head had been at least as friendly and upbeat as the Origin Bee one.

Would love this retooled into Glyph.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Honestly, I think the appeal of SS86 Bee is gonna be the redeco and retool potential. It's not a bad Bee, but there's a lot of other characters they could use it for that are more exciting.
I think that's the reason they made it, honestly. They probably could have gotten the ok from VW to paint Netflix Bumblebee up in Sunbow accurate colours, but they didn't just want that. They wanted something that evoked G1 Bumblebee that they could recolour any way they wanted, for any character they wanted, without having to get additional approval from, or send more money to, VW.
Cliffjumper's half Porsche 924 Turbo/half Mitsubishi Starion wasn't going to cut it going forward, so they made a faux-VW Beetle.

Top Bottom