The "What made you happy today" thread!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
In today's DnD session, my character actually felt like she was finally able to do paladin things for once, after switching out some equipment at town last session. She smited an Ankheg so hard it's upper half was basically vaporized. In the later fight she managed to keep the enemy focused on her until they ran, basically being a big glowing tanky distraction. And she didn't take a single hit in either battle.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Despite the relatively lower temperatures the last few days (we were in a massive heatwave until sunday.), I am hot, tired and sweaty. I just finished putting together the new living room tables for my parents. The coffee table was a trick and a half because it's got one of them spring loaded tops with storage in, so flipping it upside down to install the legs wasn't an option.

Got it done though, now we just need the new sofa and armchair tomorrow, and to get the old sofa out.

I have no idea how we're going to do that.

Still, feel pretty good.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm happy to be home.

Went to Otakon for the weekend. It was great fun!

Getting there and back, on the other hand, was a total nightmare, as they kept canceling/rescheduling our flights, and even lost our luggage -- there AND back!

One cancellation was for our connecting flight home, that they only texted us about as we were just about to take off in the plane to get there! And when we arrived, there was no one there to talk to us or do anything. Fortunately, we were eventually able to find help.

So yeah... just really, really glad to be back home with my cats. Hope our suitcase makes it here tomorrow.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Thought it was going to be an easy day: at the worst, move a sofa. At the worst, we weren't sure what was going to happen when the new stuff arrived, and held a little hope they would cart away the old one.

NOPE!

So I put the feet on a chair, a sofa, hauled another sofa into the yard, ritually massacred it, and carted 2/3rds of it to the dump. I had already made another run with all the packing material from the new furniture by that point, THEN we went and shlepped some marble topped tables to my sisters place.

Another hot, tired day, but a good day.

One more trip to the dump with the remaining third of a sofa (which is, thankfully, light enough that I can achieve it on my own.) but I have to do it at some point tomorrow cause we've got deluvian rains on friday into saturday. And I'm not going to deal with a soaked wet, butchered sofa.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Welp, the last piece of sofa is gone. There was a massive police blockade along the normal route, which lead to a traffic jam to get around the blocked intersections. Took 40 minutes to go about 5 kilometers. I walk faster than that.

But we got ice cream on the way home, and my bone conduction head phones arrived today: so I am happy regardless.

Quick question for people whom might know: is bone conduction headphone supposed to make my nose burn?

Edit: never mind: they aren't bone conduction, they're tiny little directional speakers. It's been that kinda day. But they work pretty good, and all I actually wanted was to not have to use my big headset when not gaming so... still pretty happy.

I do wonder why my nose was burning for a minute there.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
No idea about the headphones or why they would cause nose tingling.

Back on topic: hugging TMM and being weird in what little time we have when we're both working. So glad I'm still working from home.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Kinda of a mixed bag between "I'm so happy" and "I'm so hugged."

Hugged because I really couldn't afford it and so I just put another $750 on my ever growing credit card debt.

But my old iPad storage just wasn't cutting it anymore and the battery life was dying really quickly.

So I just ordered a new shiny iPad directly from Apple. New shiny is always nice.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It was a "No" morning. I wanted to make a cake: but no, we didn't have the sour cream (we actually did, but I had forgotten we had frozen it in 1 cup servings for later use.) so I decided to try to make more buttermilk biscuits, but no, we were out of milk. I wound up taking a nice long walk and getting the milk, as well as a selection of chocolate chips for later use.

Then I talked to mom, and she reminded me of the 35% sour cream we doffed in the freezer. So I thawed that and made a milk chocolate with white chocolate chips pound cake.
You all might remember the last time I tried this one... it tasted awesome, but also... resented being dislodged from the bundt pan.

Welp, some heavier sour cream, and a little knife work and it came out PERFECTLY. That's how you do it!

Attachments

• 20240813_165536.jpg
    20240813_165536.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 10

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Got Audited today, so there's that (and it wasn't good). But, at one point, one of my assistants asked if they should wait until the auditor was gone to do an inventory adjustment or do it now. I told them Do It Now.

...and then I looked up the old ADV Films "Do It Now" ad, and felt a nice wave of nostalgia.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Isn't that the demo that has Tron Bonne dreaming that she and Rock were running around holding hands but Rock was firing his mega buster in random directions?
Nope! This is for the original game -- the one that made me instantly fall in love with it.

I do hope to get the other someday, though, but that's waiting for a hopeful trip to Japan.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I got tired of the wired headset, mostly because the wire was about two feet two short to be really comfortable, and upgraded to a wireless bone conduction headset.

Difference is night and day. I love it. Gonna give it a shot with some light gaming later today and see how well it does.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
COMPLETELY RELATED!

The headset apparently works spectacularly while completely underwater... so depending on the fluid in the bladders, should still work fine just sound different.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Do we have a "Why are you #$%@ing miserable today?" thread? Because I feel like that might be more appropriate for me at the moment.

Top Bottom