Transformers: Age of the Primes toyline discussion Update with Commander and Titan listings

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I have Toxitron Grimlock, but only because he went on clearance at a Walmart for $30. Unless a Selects G2 Dinobots release went on a similar clearance, I could not afford 4, or even 2, Leader class figures in one shot. I would dearly love to get Sludge and Swoop in their G2 guises, and a Slag and Snarl to match, but the Leader releases just price me right out.
The Core dinos are not ideal figures, no, but I would welcome them in the G2 decos just because they're affordable. (and honestly, Grimlock and Sludge are not great, but Swoop, Snarl, and Slag turned out okay in Core.)

TriBlurr

Citizen
Okay. I keep seeing people say Star Convoy is 45 Meters tall.

I dunno where that info is from. But that would make him considerably larger than a standard Combiner/Guardian Robot which I believe clock in around 16/18 Meters.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Powered Masters are big enough to punch Trypticon in the face, and the Battlestars are comparable.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Was his official height given somewhere?
This page of the Legends manga, in the middle panel in the top half, says that the body he had during Zone was his third body, and was "miniaturized" compared to his first two bodies (which were the one he had in the Scramble City OVA, and the one he had built by the Constructicons in "Five Faces of Darkness").

l2mejue.jpeg

The Phazer

Citizen
Given how Brawn is engineered, it would not end well.

Hope he has the toy green though. The Studio Series baby poo green is growing on me but I actually had a G1 Brawn and I really like hisdeep forest green.

Literally nothing about Brawn's engineering is problematic for clear windows, indeed he was almost certainly engineered with them in mind.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
All the single-piece thin vehicle panels on thin hinges? One of which is the attachment point for the pivoting shoulder joints? Yeah, that’s a great use of clear plastic. Maybe that’s the version that’s meant to go with shuttle Ratchet.

The way the shoulder joints attach to a part that has most of a window on its back tells me that at best we’d get the terrible mismatched windows.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Watching TJ Omega's video about this news, and he mentioned that Evan and the others at Hasbro have talked about considering making Titans smaller in order to get brick-and-mortar stores to carry them, since they would take up so much shelf space at their current size. It's possible that this Star Convoy could be the first outing of that smaller Titan size as a test to see how well it might do at Target and Walmart stores, since it is a version of Optimus Prime after all.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They’re just about out of gigantic dudes with media presence anyway. Only things left are like Metroplex that is more G1 and maybe FOC Metroplex.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’ve pretty much said my working theory with Cyberworld is a “Core Class product line”. I wonder if Star Convoy might not be a “crossover” offering with the ability to interact with that product line?

I thought they were killing Core Class?

They’re just about out of gigantic dudes with media presence anyway. Only things left are like Metroplex that is more G1 and maybe FOC Metroplex.
1727589336716.jpeg

Bring on Citadel Secondus!

I mean, they're already doing at least two of his new inhabitants...

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I thought they were killing Core class?
From the information that has leaked, Core Class is no longer being offered as part of Studio Series or Generations.

My current speculation/hypothesis/hope for Cyberworld is that it will be a standardized-small scale line that would allow for vehicle/playset/world building type supplemental items. If that were true, it might justify Star Convoy having a base mode and, thus, have ”stuff” to interact with it since Micromasters (or similar micro toys) aren’t a current or seemingly upcoming concern In the collector segment.

Core Class, IMO, was a superior product to what is generally offered at the comparative price point (1 Steps). I still feel a modest sized and price, traditional converting, item at $10 has value. But maybe not as part of the more expansive Studio Series or Generations segments.

But we’ll see.

Glitch

Citizen
Cyberverse Iaconus, Energon Omega Supreme, ROTB Unicron,
Transformers One Primus
, Prime universe Thunderwing, plenty of potential titans.

Top Bottom